Chapter 4

I followed Taka into a room at the end of the hallway. As I walked into the class, I was shocked to see that no one else was there. "Where is everyone?" Taka laughed. "What do you mean?" I looked at him. "You said you gave out detentions earlier when you walked in late to class, so why am I the only one here?" Taka laughed again. "I never said 'I gave out a detention.' I said that I was dealing with a student. I have morning detentions too."

"That sounds like a lot of work," I replied. "It's not too bad! It is my duty to carry out all of the school regulations!" I sighed. "So what do I do? Sit at the desk for two hours and say and do nothing until I'm dismissed?" Taka laughed. "Two hours? What is this, jail? It's only a one-hour detention! Two hours is crazy! Plus, you are allowed to talk with the one who is holding the detention."

"Wow, at my old school I had to sit at a desk and stare at a wall for two hours."

Taka looked at me like I was crazy. "Wait, you've gotten a detention before, (y/n)?!" I looked up and laughed. "Of course I have! I'm not a perfect role model student like you!"

Taka walked up to me and sat on my desk. "No matter how it may seem, I am not a perfect student." You laughed. "Well, of course, Taka! No one is perfect." He looked at me seriously. "That's not what I meant. When I was younger I--never mind." Taka started looking at me nervously. "What do you mean 'never mind?' Come on you can tell me!" Taka sighed. "It isn't on topic." Trying to hide my disappointment I just sat there quietly. I looked up into his deep red eyes as he looked into my (e/c) eyes. I quickly looked away, starting to feel awkward.

"Hey, Taka? Is it ok if I go get some water?" Taka looked away from my eyes as well. "Of course." I head down the hallway to get some water. As I started drinking water I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Why hello there Miss Ultimate Athlete." I turned around to see the Ultimate Baseball Star, Leon Kuwata. "Um, hi." I quickly moved his hand off of my shoulder. Right as I went back to drink some water again I felt a pain go through my head as I realized I was being forced against the wall by Leon.

"What the hell are you doing!" Leon smiled. "Just admiring your beautiful face." That was enough to anger me. I quickly ducked under his arm and grabbed it, throwing him onto the ground. "You should know better than to mess with the Ultimate Athlete." Leon's eyes looked as though he was in shock.

I looked up and saw Taka looking at me, his mouth agape. "What just--" I interrupted him. "Nothing, let's go." I grabbed Taka's hand and led him away leaving Leon laying on the ground. "How much of that did you see?" I asked. "Well I, um, saw him forcing you against the wall so I came to tell him off, but then you just...kicked his butt." You laughed. "I'm not the Ultimate Athlete for nothing. You're not going to give me detention, right?" I just realized we had been holding hands this whole time. I quickly let go. Taka looked embarrassed. "Um, no, of course not. But I will give Leon detention. He should have never done that--" "It's really ok," I interrupted. "I'm fine. Am I ok to head back to my dorm now?" Taka nodded. "Oh yeah, of course." I smiled. "Ok, thank you, Taka. See you tomorrow." He bowed his head. "Bye (y/n), see you tomorrow!"

Taka's POV:

Taka waved goodbye to you and went to head back to his own room. 'Was it really right to forget about the whole situation?' he thought. He sighed. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened today. He wished that detention could have never ended so he could spend more time with you. All he wanted to do was--'NO! Stop thinking unwholesomely. 'We're just friends, there's no way she could like someone like me back,' Taka thought.

Your POV:

I head back to my room, thinking about all that had happened today. 'It really doesn't only seem like my first day,.' I sighed. 'I guess that's a good thing.' The rest of the day went by quickly and before I knew it, I was asleep and ready for my second day at Hope's Peak Academy.