BOOK 2: Chapter 1

I stood there, waiting for the black-haired boy to answer. He suddenly bowed his head. "I am Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass! But please feel free to call me Taka!" I nodded. How was he able to stay this formal in a situation like this? "I'm (y/n) (l/n), the Ultimate Athlete," I said bowing, then reaching out my hand. He shook it. I then felt a pain shoot through my head. I twitched at the pain.

"A-Are you okay?!" Taka asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine," I answered. "We should investigate the rest of the room," I continued, walking away. I approached a desk that had a note on it. I picked up the note and read it aloud.

"Please meet at the front entrance of the school for class introductions at 8:00 am! Don't be laaateee!"

There was a small bear drawn at the bottom of the note. I sighed and turned around to see Taka already halfway out the door. "Wait! Why are you leaving already?" I asked, chasing after him.

"We cannot be late on our first day! Also, it is prominent that we get there early!" he told me. "That might be for you, but as you can see, I'm not really the 'on time' type," I replied. We continued walking down the hall in silence. Taka then spoke.

"Are you American?" he asked me. "Is it that obvious?" I asked laughing. He laughed as well. "I can hear your accent a bit," he looked at me, smiling. My heart fluttered. He was really cute, but I can't get caught up in any relationships especially when I have no idea where I am. A pain shot through my head again.

"Ow," I said, grabbing my head. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked me. I nodded. "Let's just get to the entrance."

We entered a room where a large, circular exit was at the back. I approached it and examined the gun that was pointed at the exit. No one else was in the room yet, so I examined other areas around it. Taka was standing at the door we had come from. After not finding anything, I sighed and walked to the corner of the room, leaning on the wall.

A moment later, other students started walking in. With every student, Taka would greet them and count how many people there were. I was standing off on my own, observing everyone from a distance. I then saw a tall, blonde-haired boy walk up to me.

"Who are you?" he asked me, crossing his arms. "I could ask you the same thing," I said, sardonically. He chuckled. "The name's Byakuya Togami, the Ultimate Affluent Prodigy," he said looking down toward me. I was tall, but Byakuya had to be at least 183 cm. "I'm (y/n) (l/n), the Ultimate Athlete," I said. He nodded.

He was about to say something else but Taka started shouting. "You're late! You should've been here five minutes ago!" I looked to see who he was yelling at. It was a short, brown-haired boy, with a strand of hair sticking straight up. I walked up to Taka to calm him down, leaving Byakuya.

"I was asleep like the rest of you. I can't control when I wake up!" the boy protested. I tapped Taka on the shoulder. "Hey, Taka, you should go easy on him. None of us know where we are, and before we start worrying about tardiness, we should figure out what's going on."

He nodded. "How about we start with introductions!" a girl with brown hair said excitedly. Taka nodded again, and people started to make groups for introductions. I first walked up to a boy with orange hair. He smiled as I walked over. He began his introduction immediately.

"Yo! The name's Leon Kuwada. Nice to meet ya," he said winking, making me shift uncomfortably. I introduced myself and walked over to another boy, with a long pompadour. He looked at me waking over, and straightened himself.

I then introduced myself. He answered with his name. "I'm Mondo Owada, nice to fucking meet'cha." I caught myself taken aback by his gruff voice. "You did a good job of calming down that idiot over there," he said, pointing at Taka who had overheard.