Chapter 12

Taka's POV:

'Why'd I let her go alone?' Taka asked himself. He couldn't let you go in the building alone. He started chasing after you. He reached the stairs in the school and suddenly heard screams. He exited the school and looked up. He saw the reserve course students jumping off of the roof and out of the windows of the school. "No," he gasped.

"Ishimaru, you need to come with us," Jin said in a forceful tone. "But (y/n)'s still in there! She needs to get out of the building!" Taka started running back into the school but was stopped. "No, you're coming with me." Taka, feeling useless, obeyed. He walked with the rest of the class into a building separated from the main school. Then, Jin Kirigiri spoke.

"We will wait here until the flames are extinguished. Once they are, we will go back into the school and lock ourselves in until the despair has passed. I will need your verbal consent," he said, pulling out a camera. "I will call you in one at a time."

"The fuck with that! You're suggesting we spend for-who-knows-long in that school until we can leave?!" Mondo exclaimed. "Please save your pitiful arguments until you're alone," Byakuya told him. Taka was watching in the distance, standing quietly.

'I hope she's okay,' Taka thought to himself, as Hina was called into the room where Jin Kirigiri was asking for their consent. 'I won't agree until (y/n) is safe,'

Your POV:

"You're behind this?!" I shouted to the three despairs. "Why hello, (y/n)! What a coincidence seeing you up here!" Junko replied sarcastically. "I-I n-need to tell," I stammered. "Aw, you really think that will help? We're already cleared from any suspicion, so your lame-ass words have no meaning at all!" Junko said, moving her hands to make it look like she was fake-crying.

I walked up to her. "Why? Why would you do this?!" I asked. "You'll find out soon enough," she said, laughing. "Izuru!" she commanded the long, black-haired boy. He suddenly charged at me. I barely avoided his attack by moving to the left. I quickly turned and ran down the stairs. 'I need to find Taka!' I thought to myself.

While I was running, my mind kept flashing back to when I first met Taka. Running through the halls and receiving detention. I wished to be taken back to those simpler times, without any despair. Without Junko. Or Mukuro. And before Izuru had been created. I finally had made my way to another building, where I saw my friends from my class standing inside. I saw Taka.

"Taka!" I shouted. "Help!" He turned and saw me. He rushed out to help bring me inside but before he could I felt two arms grab me and stop me. Izuru had caught me.

"No!" I screamed. I knew it was useless. "Taka! It was Ju--" I was cut off by an impact into my head. Izuru released me and I collapsed to the ground. The last thing I remember seeing was Taka being dragged back into the building, and the rest of my class standing there, as useless as me.

Taka's POV:

"Let me go!" Taka shouted. Mondo had grabbed him and brought him back inside. "You can't," he said, sounding like he was trying his best to contain his emotions. Taka began to sob. "I need her!" he screamed. He was kneeling on the solid floor outside of the office Jin Kirigiri was in. Taka heard his name called. Jin came up to him and kneeled next to him.

"You need to come in the room with me," he said firmly. "B-But (y/n)! She's--" Jin interrupted him. "She'll pull through. I truly believe that. But for now, you need to come with me." Hesitantly, Taka got up. As he stood, Mukuro and Junko made their way into the building. Before entering the room Taka thought to himself, 'What did she say before she got cut off?'

Your POV:

I moved my hand. It wouldn't budge. All of the memories of what had happened came flooding back. 'That's right! Izuru!' I tried to scream, but a hand covered my mouth. "Don't talk," a voice sounded. It was Izuru.