"can't imagine why." Amelia says, her voice full of sarcasm  We all started walking towards a house and Dumbledore stopped and spoke, "Welcome to this very charming village. I assume right about now,you must be wondering why I brought you two here.Am I right?"

"After all these years we just sort of go with it," Amelia said

"wands out." Dumbledore told them, so they did.

__________________________________
Amelia pov

We look around and Professor Dumbledore starts calling someone's name, "Horace, are you here?l

Blood then drips down onto harrys forehead. Dumbeldore turns to harry, sliding his thumb against the blood and licks it, nodding. I cringe in disgust, following them as they walk around.  Dumbledore look at this chair, so do we. It suddenly starts becoming a human.

"Godric, Albus!"

"I must say, you make a very convincing arm chair, Horace."

"its all in the upholstery ,income by the stuffing naturally, what gave me away?" Horace asked.

"The Dragons blood," Dumbledore told him, smiling at Harry.

That is when his mate, Horace, notices me and Harry. His eyes widen, "oh my!"

"Harry, Amelia, I would like you to meet an old friend and colleague of mine," Dumbledore said. "Horace Slughorn."

Horace Slughorn waves and then fixes his sleeve.

"Horace, well, you know who these to are."

He nodded, "Amelia and Harry Potter."

"what's with all the theatrics, Horace? You weren't, by any chance, waiting for someone else, were you?" Asked Dumbledore, full of obvious suspicion.

Horace goes to lock the doors, "someone else? I am sure I don't know what you mean." He walks back over to us. Dumbledore raised his eyebrows.

"Alright ,alright, the Deatheaters have been trying to recruit me for over a year." Horace said. "Don't you know what thats like, you can only say no so many times,so I never stay anywhere more than a week. Muggles who own this place are in the Canary Islands."

"well, I think we should put it back in order for them, dont you?" He moves his wand, causing  the room then starts getting fixed up, everything wasn't so messy now. Dumbledore looks at Horace Slughorn, "do you mind if I use the loo?"

Horace shook his head and  Dumbledore walks away and Horace shouts, "don't you think I don't know why your here, Albus. Answer is still no. Absolutely and unequivocally, no!"

Me and Harry put our wands away and Horace looks at us with a smile,"you look very much like your mother and father, you both have your-"

"mother's eye's." Harry answered for him.

"Lily, Lovely Lily. She was exceedingly bright, your mother. Ever more impressive, when one considers she was muggle-born." Horace says with a smile.

"one of my best friends is muggle born, shes one of the best in our year!"

"please dont think I'm prejudiced. No, no. Your mum was my absolute favorite. Look, there she is, right in the front." He pointed to tons of pictures frames on a shelf.

All three of us walked to the frames, he talked about some of the students. I picked up one, the male had a sharp chin, dark eyes and dark curly hair. "who's this?"

"Ah, yes, Regulus Black, You no doubt know of his older brother Sirius ,died a few weeks ago." Horace Slughorn said. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Harry and I both looked down and at each other and then back at Horace Slughorn.

"I taught the whole black family, except Sirius. Its a shame, talented boy. I got regulus when he came along, of course, but I'd have to liked the set." 

"Horace?" Dumbledore voice came.

I set down the photo and we turned around to Dumbledore.

"Do you mind if I take this? I do like knitting patterns." Dumbledore said as Harry and I walked towards him.

"You're not leaving are you?" Horace asked with a frown.

"Yes, I do know a lost cause when I see one. Regrettable, I would have considered it a personal triumph, had you considered to return to Hogwarts, oh well." Dumbledore said. "You're like my friends here, one of a kind. Well, bye, bye, Horace."

Harry and I gave him a small wave as we walked out. We shut the door and started walking, Harry then says, "why didn't he agree?"

Professor Dumbledore then smiles and says, "just wait."

Slughorn than came out of his house yelling, we all turned around to him hear shout,  "Alright! I will do it! but I want Professor Merrythoughts old office, not the water closet I had before. And I expect a raise! These are mad times we live in, mad!"

Dumbledore nodded in agreement,"they are indeed."

We turn and keep on walking. Harry and I glanced at each other and I finally asked, "What was that exactly about?"

"You both are talented, famous, and very powerful, everything Horace values." Dumbledore said. "Professor Slughorn is gonna try to collect you two. You both would be his crowning jewel, especially you, Amelia." Dumbledore told us as we kept on walking.

"I fear I may have stole a wondrous night from you, Harry. She was, truthfully, very pretty, the girl." Dumbledore said.

"its alright sir," Harry told him. "I will go back tomorrow,make up some excuse."

"You will not be returning there tonight Harry," Dumbledore said.

"what about Hedwig and Sammy, and our trunks?" Harry said.

He puts out his arms, "All are waiting for you two to arrive."

"