5. Oh, Look At That, There's A Week Left

// Castiel's POV

Castiel closed the door to his house, smiling widely as he leaned against the door, biting his bottom lip.

He had just kissed Dean. He had fucking kissed Dean. He had kissed his soulmate! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE EMOTIONS GOING THROUGH HIM RIGHT NOW?!

Of course Dean thought Cas wasn't seeing any color so there's that.

Maybe Cas should tell him...but maybe not.

What if he had a huge douchebag as a soulmate? It was better to keep his mouth shut.

But Dean didn't seem like a douchebag, per say.

Castiel placed his fingertips against his lips, remembering what it felt like to have Dean against him.

The way everything felt warm and amazing and just so right.

Castiel removed his trench coat and hung tossed it on his bed.

He ran his hands through his hair and sighed, walking further into his house.

"Gabriel?" Cas called once he heard the sound of rapid typing from a distance.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?" Cas asked, finding Gabriel on the couch, typing furiously on his laptop.

"Research." He said simply.

"Research? Since when do you do research?" Cas asked, amused.

"Since now, dumbass." Gabe retorted, glaring up at him.

"Okay, okay, calm down! Sorry!" Cas laughed. "What are you researching?"

Gabriel clicked something and scrolled down before speaking.

"If a person witnesses color at the first touch of their soulmate or if it takes time..."

Castiel's smile faltered and he sat on the couch next to his brother.

"Gabriel...is this...is this about Sam?"

Gabriel went silent. His typing stopped and he just stared blankly at the screen.

"It's possible! Oh my god! Okay this means it'll take time! It can take time!" Gabriel yelled happily, pushing the computer aside and standing up.

"Gabriel...you didn't answer my question."

Gabriel looked back at Cas and sighed.

"We shook hands, Cas. We touched-- and I saw color! For the first time in years! The last time I saw color was in high school when some kid with shaggy hair bumped into me! But you see the thing was, there were multiple people who were pushing past me but I was sure it was him! But I never saw him again after that. And now, I meet Sam Winchester and I can see color again! I see the color in his eyes and oh my god they're beautiful!" Gabriel sighs, looking up into a daydream land. "But he didn't see any of it."

"Wait what?" Cas asked, sitting up.

"I asked him if he saw it and he just asked what I was talking about." Gabriel sulked.

"Does that mean he's not y-- "

"He's my soulmate, Cas."

Castiel stood up and walked up to his brother, placing a hand on his shoulder, smiling sadly at him. This whole situation was just like him and Dean.

"Gabriel...he may be your soulmate but that doesn't mean that you're his sou-- "

"No, Castiel! That's why I did research! And it's possible-- rare, but possible that a person doesn't see color right away when touched by their soulmate. It's possible that it may take time for the person to develop feelings for the other person. So I'll do anything-- anything! For him to see color." He insisted.