~~~

Maaran has been constantly looking at the time. Every minute he just looks at his watch. Today time was very slow for him. He wanted the clock to strike twelve as she said that she would return by lunch. Rishi was in his cabin going through some files and noticed Maaran’s weird behavior. “Machan enna da aatchi?”

Maaran blurted out “dei Shivya lunch ku vanthuruvaana na sonna.”
“Athuku?” Rishi questioned to know about his feelings. “Naan wait pannarean da,” Maaran said that and froze at what he said. He turned to Rishi who was giving him a teasing smile.

Maaran ways preferred to have lunch alone. Sometimes Rishi would accompany him if he didn't have work. But today he was expecting Shivya to have lunch.

Maaran knew what was  going to be next. He stood up and went out. Rishi nodded his head in disbelief.

In order to distract himself, Maraan kept doing some works. He got  a call and answered it. “Dei sari da iru varean.” He kept his phone in the pocket and went down. As he reached the ground floor, he saw the face he wished to see. His lips curved but soon his face frowned as he saw her running. He took long strides and walked faster.  She was going to slip, he quickly rushed and held her before she fell.

~~~

Shivya and Maaran were looking at each other. Shivya was still breathing heavily. “Paathu ma,” he said while rubbing her back as she started coughing. Shivya looked  back and saw those guys.

Maaran followed her eyes and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Hey ponnu inga va,” the leader of the group shouted. Shivya nodded a no and clutched Maaran’s coat. The guys saw Maaran and said “Dei ne avala vidu da. Illati unnayum adipoam,” said the guy who raised his hands at Shivya before.
Maaran looked at Shivya and then at them. He released her hold and moved to a side. Shivya looked at him disbelief and muttered “Devil.”

She was angry with him for leaving her. The boys marched. Shivya looked at them. She had no way other than getting into action. Pugazh has taught her self-defense. She was very thankful at that moment when her brother forced her to learn this.

She fisted her palms and positioned her hands in the front. The man came and raised his hand to slap her. She blocked it with her left hand and kicked his leg with her right leg. His leg lost balance as she kicked the back and knelt on the floor. She used that chance to twist his hand and he screamed in pain. The other guy came and threw a punch, she blocked that and kicked his stomach.
While dealing with this the third took this as chance and made his move.

~~~

Maaran was watching this in full shock. He learnt from Pugazh that he has taught Shivya some self-defense and that she can take care of herself. That’s when he saw the scenario he moved and wanted to see her fighting. He wanted to thrash them for chasing her but he believed in her. He believed she could take care of herself and she did prove it.

He was proud of her.

When he saw the third making a move he wanted to get in. Not that he lost the belief but she needed help. He quickly wrapped his hand around her waist and swirled her. “Maaran’ey enna,” he cut her off and told her to be quiet. She obeyed. He saw the guy coming, Maaran’s hand still on her waist lifted her and swirled her leading her legs to hit the guys face and he fell on the floor. Shivya gasped. She turned her head a little, though his face wasn’t visible, she could see him smirking. “Slap him,” Maaran whispered to her. He got hold of her left hand and twirled her. She slapped the guy in front of her as she was twirled and bought back to the position she was in. Shivya using this as  the chance asked him “Ippa mattum sir’uhku enga intha vanthuchu kavala.” Before she could get any answer he twirled her again and she stamped on the guy’s foot and punched him.

“Kavala ennakha romba naal’ah iruuku,” he whispered in her ears. Shivya froze at what she heard. Her lips curved into a smile.

She heard the boys whining and wincing in pain. They saw them folding their hands and pleading them. “Sorry ma theriyaama. Nee sorry sona naanga than konjam over’ah pannitoam.” Shivya furrowed her eyebrows and questioned “konjam over’ah va?” The boys smiled sheepishly and said “romba.” Maaran saw them and coldly said “ ippo poringala illati,” before he could finish all the five men ran.

Maaran and Shivya looked at each other and broke into laughter. Shivya was really happy seeing him laughing. She does not know the feeling  what he went through but she is sure that living alone when your family is no more is the worst thing. A person goes through hell. Shivya kept looking at him.

Maaran was genuinely laughing with no worries. When he saw her seeing ,he raised his eyebrows while laughing. “Eppoyum ippadi sirichitte irunga.”  Maaran smiled genuinely at her.

Then only they noticed their position. Maaran’s hand was wrapped around her waist ,protectively. Her hands were on his shoulders. They were very close. Maaran and Shivya blushed after realizing this. They left each other and Maaran rubbed his nape in embarrassment.They composed each other and looked at each other.

“Ma saapitiya,” he realized that she said she would come for lunch but since she didn’t come he was worried if she didn’t eat. “Aama Maaran’ey, aahna sanda pottudhala thirumba pasikhudhey,” she said while patting her stomach. Maraan chuckled at her and said “Va.” “Enga?” she questioned. “Saapada.” She got excited started walking with him. “Ma by the way, proud of you. You took care of yourself.” Shivya wanted to question why he didn’t do anything but this one thing stopped her from saying so. She knows that Maaran believes that woman shouldn’t be scared and this comment made her respect him more.

“Naanghallem rowdy aache” she proudly said  while raising her collars. They both walked to the nearby restaurant while talking.

The magic between them is getting stronger each second.

Heyyyooo guyss!
Double update ✨
Please do comment on this chapter.
This is a fictional story.

Thank you for the votes and comments. It keeps encouraging me to write 🤧💗

Stay Safe✨✨✨