Sana: Enough. I am full. (Pushed his hand)

Sidharth: (shocked) But that was just half a roti. Even a rat would each more than that. Though we were not staying together as husband and wife, but whatever time we stayed together under one roof, I know that you eat more than this atleast. So eat!

Sana: (sneezes) I don't feel like eating.

Sidharth: You were hungry few minutes back plus you have to take medicine. So stop throwing tantrums like a little child and have it. (Says sternly)

She opened her mouth and he pushed a piece of roti into her mouth. He then smiled at her to lift her mood.

Sana: Why do you love me?

Sidharth: Huh? What kind of question is that? Why means? I love you. Isn't that enough?

Sana: There must be some reason for you to love me, right? I am asking you for that reason.

Sidharth: Hmmm.. Reason for love should only be love. If it's anything else then it isn't love for that person but for that thing in them.

Sana: I didn't understand.

Sidharth: Aaaa... For example, if I say I love you because you have beautiful hair and God forbid, you start losing your hair, I would stop loving you, right? Because I loved you for your hair than you. But if I say I love you only because I love you, then it wouldn't matter if anything in you changes. Your colour, complexion, looks, physic, dressing sense, etc. Nothing matters. Only you matter to me and I would love you regardless of anything.

Sana: So my appearance doesn't have any impact on you?

Sidharth: What's wrong with you Sana? If tomorrow, my appearance change will you leave me?

Sana: No! Never!

Sidharth: Then? Are you feeling insecured about your weight again Sana?

Sana put her head down. He pushed her chin up and found her eyes full of tears. He kept the plate beside.

Sidharth: (hugged her) Sweetheart, stop thinking all this crappy things. I can't assure you enough after saying I love you. I love you means I love you with all your goodness, flaws and shortcomings. Do you think I am blind that I didn't see you at all, all these days? How can you feel so insecured Sana?

Sana: I am sorry! I saw myself in mirror and I felt ashamed of myself. I promise, I will work on myself and give you the pleasure which every man might want to find in his wife.

Sidharth: Stop it! That was all bullshit. Work on yourself for your satisfaction. Don't include my name. I hate people changing for others. I will tell you a secret. I am not the only son, to my mother. I have an elder brother, Sharad Sharma. He is 5 years elder to me. He was born shorter in height, basically like a dwarf. My parents thought that with age he might gain the height. When I was born, my father was happy but as I turned 6, I had speech issues. I stammered. My father left my mom because he was humiliated having two imperfect sons of whom he was ashamed.

Mom was a working lady and well educated. She managed us and her job. Sharad bhaiyya and I were bullied in school. There wasn't any way in which my mom could help bhaiyya but she sent me for speech therapy. I worked on myself and became perfect. At the age of 22, my bhaiyya was just 4'10". He wore high heeled shoes which were heavier and often had leg pains. He was brilliant in studies and hence got a job, but people looked down upon him for his height and he didn't get promotion. He liked a girl in office but feared to approach her due to his height.

One day, he heard about limb lengthening surgery. Even though the doctors say it's safe, it involved risk. But bhaiyya was adamant on getting it done. He signed a form which said if there was any complications, it's his responsibility. He went under knives for those 3"-4" height extension and due to our bad luck the surgery was gone wrong and he lost his limbs, he couldn't walk and was wheelchair ridden for life. The life which he silently gave up and committed suicide instead of spending it on wheelchair.

That's why I became rude, inconsiderate and didn't care for society I lived in. I hate any kind of bullying and I hate when someone what's to change their appearance for others. Never ever change for other's eyes. If anytime you feel like I will leave you for your appearance, then you leave me, hate me or kill me but please for God sake don't change for me.

Sana's eyes welled up listening to his story. She got up and hugged him tightly.

Sidharth: Now finish this food and take the medicine. I don't want you to fall sick.

She nodded and ate her food in silence and took medicine. He asked her to take rest and went out to have his food.
.
.
.
Sidharth: Sana.. Sana.. wakeup.. listen, look at this.

Sana looked at him and then saw his phone. He showed her some sight where it gave out some facts. He pointed at something and she read it. Her cheeks became red as she read the fact that making love helps you clear your runny nose and cold.

Sidharth: What are your views on this?

Sana: How would I know?

Sidharth: Then let's try it on you so that we know if it really works or not.

Sana: (blushes) But I am already feeling better now. My nose isn't running nor do I have cold.

Sidharth: Oh bummer!! How about precautions from future cold?

Sana: (giggles) But the fact doesn't state that.

Sidharth: Fine, then let me go to the bathroom and stand under the cold shower so that I catch cold. I want to really find out if this remedy works.

He got up only to be pulled by Sana back into the bed.

Sana: No.. I think earlier option of taking precaution was better. Precaution is better than cure, you see?

He smiles and captures her lips in his and makes love to his wife. Sana had no disgusted feelings in her while doing so because she was rest assured that he loves her regardless of anything.

______________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️