Episode 4

Hi, met me.. Sidharth.. Sidharth Sharma. I am a writer by profession!

 I am a writer by profession!

Son of Ms. Radha Sharma. Don't ask me my father's name cause I am brought up by a single mother. People call me rude, arrogant and inconsiderate. I hate the society I am part of. There is a good reason behind it which I will tell you sometime later.

Oh!! Are you wondering who is Sidharth Mehta? Well, that's the character of my story. My story, a story which was initially based on a person being bullied for being imperfect. He wasn't imperfect, society considered him imperfect since he was dark and wore a thick glasses.

The story which was based on a true incident of a person who happened to be my junior in college, who was bullied forever until he committed suicide ultimately.

Being a writer is a curse. I had been suffering from financial crunches, had multiple credit cards with multiple banks and an unaccounted debts on it. Everyday one or the other collection agent and their goons chased me.

"Excuse me, I am here to meet Mr. Tolaramani. I spoke to him on the phone and have an appointment."

Receptionist: Yes, Sir. Please be seated. He is in another meeting.

"Hmm.. Okay! Thank you."

I occupied a seat and waited for an hour. Totally frustrated and disgusted. Finally, when I was about to lose my patience, I was called in. I was in a get up of Sidharth Mehta. I wanted to give him the real feel of the character during story reading.

After more than an hour of reading and enacting, he spoke up.

Tolaramani: Nice.. Very nice! However, audience will not connect with the main character, Sidharth. Woh kya hai na logon ko perfect hero ko dekhne ki aadat hai, unko hot romance aur masala chahiye. {Audience has the habit of watching a perfect hero, they want hot romance and some spice in the movie}

I felt like slapping his face. I gritted my jaws and waited for him to speak further.

Tolaramani: Look, what we can do is that we make Sidharth Mehta as a side role and concentrate on his friend Ajay as a main lead and pair Shobha with him. Will put some romance between them and then show some sacrifices by Ajay for Sidharth's family. I have a best person to play Ajay's role. Introducing my son, Aditya. For Sidharth, hmmm.. look you are doing a fantastic job, why don't you take it up. For Shobha, Aditya's best friend, Emilia. What do you say? Haan? Isn't it a superhit?

I glare at him. My blood was boiling but still I choose not to react.

"I will think over the changes"

I came out of his cabin total frustrated, I asked the receptionist for the washroom and then cleaned my face and stepped out of his office building. It wasn't a good day.