Episode 3

"Kantilal... O Kantilal.. Kantilal.."

Kantilal comes out of his house.

Kantilal: Jai Shri Krishna, Mota bhai. Avo Avo {welcome} (He folds his hands).

Ramnik: Jai Shri Krishna. No, I am fine here itself. You borrowed money from me to expand your business as you didn't wanted to break your investment in Hoteliers Bank. Have you seen the news today? All those who made investment in the bank have lost their money as the manager did fraud. I want my money back now.

Kantilal: What? My hard earned money!! (Shocked and collapses on the ground)

Shantiben and Sana runs and holds him. Ramnik looks at them.

Sana: Baapu, what happened? Baapu (shakes him)

Kantilal: I am fine, Dikri.

Ramnik: (sighs) Kantilal, I want my money back. Even I have kids to look after and it's my hard earned money as well.

Kantilal: Mota bhai, I have already invested it in business. It will take sometime to get money. My investment was due to mature next month. I was supposed to give you that money but now I don't have anything. I am destroyed completely. (Cries)

Ramnik: (Thinks for a while) I will forgo your loan on one condition. You know I am a widower and have my own three kids and family to look after. I was searching for a bride. Marry off your daughter Shehnaaz to me.

Kantilal: (shocked) What? But she is very young and is of your elder son's age.

Ramnik: I need a bride and she is above 18 years. Who will marry her looking at her size? You are in profit in all the ways. You don't have to repay the loan nor you have tension of searching for a groom for her. I am a well to do businessman. She will be happy with me. Talk to your wife, I'll give you 30 minutes. Either repay your loan now or get her married to me tomorrow evening. I'll be back after collecting my interest money from another customer.

Ramnik goes away and Kantilal sits down on the ground holding his head in his hand.

Shantiben: What do we do now Sana's baapu?

Kantilal: I don't know Shanti. I can't even think of drinking poison because y'all will have to suffer after I die.

Sana: Baapu, what are you talking? Don't say such things. Shall we approach the bank for loan?

Kantilal: Dikri, I don't have any guarantor or security with me to get a loan, besides he is asking me to repay right now.

Shantiben: Agree to his second condition Sana's Baapu.

Kantilal: What are you saying Shanti? Ramnik is a year older than me. How can I marry off my daughter to him?

Shantiben: He is asking her in marriage, not buying her for pleasure. Besides he is a well to do person, she won't have any difficulties. We have been searching for a groom since past 1 year for her. None have agreed to even see her after looking at the photo itself.

Kantilal: No! I can't let this happen to my Dikri.

Shantiben: We don't have any other option. Wait, there is one more. Get some poison we shall all consume it together.

Sana: Baapu, Hu teni saathe lagna karavaa taiyaara chu {I am ready to get married to him.}

Kantilal: No Dikri. He isn't a match for you.

Sana: This is not a fairy tale Baapu, no prince charming is coming to marry me. Besides, I ain't any perfect girl like a princess either. I am an imperfect and a fat girl, who doesn't deserve a perfect man. Infact, not even an average man.  This is better than all three of us consuming poison.