~~~

Maaran slowly opened his eyes. This time when he opened he felt fresh. He felt that his mind was at peace. He took a glance at the clock and was surprised. It was seven. He has slept during the day when he was tired, but the sleep has only been forty five minutes or maximum an hour. Today it was more than two hours. He then suddenly remembered Shivya and woke up to find her asleep.

Her head was rested on the bed board. Her hair was covering her face. Maaran moved forward and slowly raised his hand near her face. He slowly moved the hair from her face and tugged it behind her ear. He was able to get a better view of her.

She had a small smile on her face.

Maaran’s lips curved as he saw her face. Then he saw their intertwined hands. Shivya’s hold was tight. Maaran slowly tightened his hold and kept looking at it.

“ I wish this could be like this for our whole life.”

He froze there. What was he thinking and what made him say this? Were the thoughts running in his mind as that randomly crossed his mind.

He shrugged off those thoughts and didn’t want to think about this any further. She is just a good friend.
Though he shrugged off those thoughts, deep down he liked what he thought.

Without disturbing he slowly got up and made her lie on the bed comfortably. He went out and saw Rishi and Pugazh sitting and talking. Seeing Pugazh , he became worried , he thought he is going to scold him as Shivya is here. He mentally scolded himself. He also thought that Shivya would get scolded. So before Pugazh starts, he was firm on his decision to speak before anything happens.

~~~

Rishi and Pugazh heard footsteps and turned to see Maaran looking at them. “Machan avala thittiraadha da. Ennaka..” Pugazh motioned him to stop by showing his hand. Maaran didn’t want Pugazh to get angry on Shivya and tried to speak but what he said surprised him. “Dei maple nee onnum solla thevela. Ennaku onnaya pathi theriyum and yen thangachi pathiyum theriyum,” Pugazh said patting his shoulder. Maran looked at him not expecting this. He smiled at him not knowing what to say. He promised himself he will always keep his trust.

“Machan nalla thoongana pollaye,” Pugazh and Rishi asked. Maaran nodded his head not being able to talk about that. He himself was surprised about that. Rishi and Pugazh understanding that, did not ask him anything further. Rishi mentally noted to talk about this. “Maaran ippa fever eppadi da,” Rishi asked keeping the back of the palm on his forehead. Maaran felt better than morning. His tiredness vanished away and felt very active and fresh. Maaran thought about him laying on Shivya’s lap and a small smile crept on his lips. He soon composed himself and nodded his head.

Rishi got some tea and snacks for them and settled at the table. Maraan was about to tell Pugazh that Shivya was sleeping but stopped as he heard the door open. All turned to the direction where the sound came. She came   calling out “Maaran’ey.”

~~~

Shivya woke after few minutes Maaran left the room. As she got up she saw her lying on the bed and a blanket covered her. She remembered about Maaran and looked around the room. She got up quickly, arranged the bed and rushed out. She saw him in the living room and went near him and checked his temperature. She relaxed a as his fever reduced. “Maaran’ey vaanga sapadalam,” saying she dragged him to the dining table and made him sit. She arranged his plate with healthy foods and ordered him to eat.

~~~

Maaran was amazed at her bravery who still taking care of him when her brother was in front of them. He just obeyed as she instructed her.

Shivya turned at looked at her brothers,  “Annanangala vaanga sapadangha. Yen angha ye nikkureengha.”  Pugazh and Rishi were observing Shivya’s behavior. Rishi was really happy for Maraan. He wasn’t sure what Shivya was feeling. Pugazh  looking at them thought that they will be happy if they do have feelings for each other. he would be too Wouldn’t he be happy to get his best friend as his brother in law?