30: Misunderstandings

Darshan added, "Or were you tired of being Divya's mom? Because after all this I wouldn't be surprised if you say that you are tired of being Divya's mother....just because she is our adopted child"

"Darshan", Diksha screamed in disapproval of what Darshan had said right now.
'I can't believe what Darshan said right now. No...no I know I made a mistake three years ago. And maybe I was making the same mistake...B-but how can Darshan tell me this? Divya means the world to me. I know I have been away from her, but that doesn't mean I don't love her. And I love her more than anyone in this entire universe. How could you say this Darshan?'
Diskha thought. Tears were rolling down her eyes. But she couldn't speak a word. She looked at Darshan with a blank face.

Darshan immediately realised what he had just said. Even he knew that Diksha cared for Divya so much. He knew that she could do everything for her.
What the fuck did I just say? Why couldn't I control my anger? Why did I say that? Why did I even say that. Darshan regretted.

Darshan was so angry with himself that he didn't know what to do. He saw Diksha crying in front of him. He just couldn't accept the fact that he was the reason behind her tears.
He thought,
'I had promised that I will never make her cry. And now she is crying because of me. I had promised that I will make her the happiest girl on earth and I will never hurt her. '
His inner conscience said, "Wow, Darshan Raval. The superstar. The heartthrob of the nation cannot even keep one single promise of keeping his partner happy"

He thought, 'Urgghhh.....I can't take this anymore. What did I make things more complicated? I could have just asked her......rather than shouting at her'

Again his inner conscience questioned him, "Do you really think you can do anything now? And do you really think you can keep her happy even if you clear the misunderstandings?"

Darshan was battling with his inner self. He was quilt conscious.

On the other hand, Diksha thought, 'maybe things have changed between us, maybe he doesn't trust me anymore. Things are so complicated....and now I don't think Darshan and I can be together. There is no way......'

But still a part of her heart believed that Darshan could never hurt her, he still cared for her. A part of her still believed that Darshan would come to her, hug her tightly, kiss her forehead and say 'I am sorry. I know I am stupid. But I love you'. She wanted him to say 'I trust you, no matter what'

Her chain of thoughts were broken by Darshan's voice, "Why the hell are you crying? Can't you keep quiet?"

Frustration and irritation was clear was Darshan's voice. But he wasn't angry with Diksha- he was frustrated with himself. He was angry with himself that he had broken her heart and he made her cry.

But Diksha misunderstood that he was frustrated with her. She thought that Darshan was angry because she was standing in front of him and believed that her Gabbu no longer trusted her.

Finally Diksha wiped her tears with her hands. But that day her tears were unstoppable. Diskha shut her eyes for a few seconds 'I need to do this', she thought.

She opened her eyes and saw Darshan breathing in and out with his eyes, she knew that Darshan used to do that to calm down himself. She sighed, 'this is exactly what you used to do even you were in college.'
After a few minutes she spoke, "So......Darshan....I think, after what had happened in the past...and after today......I think....."

She couldn't speak further and her eyes were teary once again.

Darshan thought sadly, 'I know, Diksha.....what you want....I think we aren't meant to be together. And afterall why would you want to be with me. You deserve someone much better than me. You should find someone who is more responsible and someone who will genuinely keep you happy. And not someone like me who says nonsense during a heated arguement. You deserve someone who will not question your love for your child.....and maybe I am not the one..Maybe you have.......m-moved o-on a..nd may..be y-you d-don't .....love...me. Maybe you have fallen out of l-ove..?'

But little did Darshan know that Diksha still loves him just like she used to do years ago.....and maybe more. She can never fall out of love.

"Understood"
Darshan replied in a cold voice and was avoiding eye contact with her. Because he knew if he looked at her, he would break down and he would be inconsolable. He further thought, 'Today I am at a situation where I look like a loser. Today I am trying to hide my tears in front of her. But few years back I used to go to her, lie on her lap and cry endlessly. Because after mom, only she had the power to calm the storm inside me. But today this whole situation is ironical...isn't it? God, was there any need to be this harsh on me? Can't you leave your grudges for once? Why didn't you think about writing a happy destiny for me?'

"W-what did you understand?"
Diksha looked at him with teary eyes.

"You want us to separate, right?"
Darshan replied in the same cold voice.

Darshan misunderstood that Diksha wanted to stay away from, but actually Diksha wanted to confess the truth and she wanted to apologise because she realised that Darshan was hurt. She wanted to give a chance to their relationship once again. But when he said about separation, she misunderstood him and thought that he was unhappy with her.

'See Darshan. I knew....that you have....moved on.....afterall who wouldn't do that.....three years is a long time. And moreover I left without actually informing anyone.......' thought Diskha

"D-do....you think we were......together?"
Diksha's voice was shaking.

"Legally...we were. But don't worry I will contact my lawyer...as soon as possible......afterall you..I mean 'we' should move on"

Although Darshan tried his best to maintain the cold voice, his tears betrayed him. And within seconds his eyes were filled with tears. But he blinked his eyes a few times and pretended as if everything was fine.

She said, "y-yes you-you are right. Right.Because it's not working out. We are just married and we are not together. It's better we move on"

Darshan feared that he would hurt Diksha, because he himself was shocked when he doubted Diksha's love for Divya in the heat of the moment. He thought that she has the right to move on, and have a better life. On the other hand, Diksha thought that Darshan did not believe her and she had other misunderstandings as well. She thought that the most important element of their relationship, their 'trust' for each other was no more. She believed that no relationship could work out without trust. Both of their insecurities worsened the situation to such an extent that they started believing that they weren't good enough for each other. If they are destined to have different paths, they had to accept that. Yes, they had to accept the same destiny which once reunited them, years ago.

"Gabbu.....umm....sorry Darshan........aahh....sorry Mr Raval", called Diksha.

Darshan's heart broke into several pieces after hearing this...no no I should accept this.

"...you should move on. I mean...you will....but just don't let anything affect your professional life....and take care...."
Diksha finished saying this with a sigh. And she mentally said 'I will miss you Gabbu. No matter where we are, I have always wanted the best for you, and I will want that in future as well.'

"Likewise"
Darshan replied while controlling his tears.

"umm.....I should go now. I...don't think...I should be in your room.....I mean...yeah I should go. And another thing, don't go to New York now. You can do anything after the legal processes are over...I hope you understood. And....be happy. Take care"
Diksha nodded.

Darshan thought, 'We are not in a situation where I can hug you and say I love you. But still, I love you Diksha, I can never move on...never. I love you till the end of eternity. And this is a fact. I will miss you'
Darshan turned to move out of the room.

O Khuda..
Bata de kya lakreeron mein likha
Humne toh..
Humne toh bas ishq hai kiya

________________________________
Misunderstandings are a part of relationships. But will it is resolve between Diksha and Darshan? Stay tuned to know that
Vote, comment and take care!
Spread love 💙