7: Can't lose you

Darshan spent the entire night in his mom's room, reminiscing about her. His swollen eyes are a proof of the pain which he is going through.

At about 5am in the morning, Divya slowly wakes up and finds Siddharth sitting beside her. Siddharth was so worried about Darshan that he could not sleep the whole night. He desperately wanted to do something to make his best friend happy but he did not know what to do.
"Siddharth uncle...where is papa?"
Divya is not surprised to see Siddharth beside her, because he often stays with them. But she is a little shocked when she did not see her father around.
"Divya you woke? It's so early dear...go to sleep now.."
"But......let me go to papa", requests the little girl.
"Divya listen....little one.."
Before Siddharth could stop her she jumps out of the bed and goes outside. She sees the door of the next door open. Even Siddharth goes along with her.
They see Darshan sitting on the floor and his head resting on the wall. He has a paper in his hand. Maybe he has fallen asleep while reading that.

"What is this paper, Siddharth uncle?"
Divya asks and slowly takes the paper. He did not want to wake her father.
And she starts reading in her childish voice, "I am sorry Darshan. I can't..."
"Divya, didn't I tell you that you shouldn't read other's things without letting them know. You're a good girl, right?"
"But it's papa's...so I should...no maybe he was reading some bedtime stories to tell me at night. I love listening to stories at night."

Siddharth just nods. He cannot tell Divya that the paper did not contain her bed time stories. It was something that had shaken Darshan and scattered his broken heart once again.

Hearing Siddharth and Divya's voice, Darshan wakes up.
He blinks his eyes to get a clear vision and then he finds Divya sitting beside him with a concerned face.
"Papa why were you sitting on the floor and sleeping? Why weren't you there beside me? You know when I woke up I didn't find you... I got sooooooo scared", Divya asks while making a cute face.
"I'm here", Darshan replies and smiles a bit. His smile is a painful one. And his voice is broken and it sounds as if he would break down again, any moment.

"Papa...what happened? Why are you sad? Did you lose something very important?"
Even though Divya is just four years old, she can understand that something is troubling her dad.
"You know... I cried and I was sad when I lost my chocolate. Did you  lose something very important too?"
"Yes..." Darshan nods and a tear escapes his eyes, "Divya I've lost the two most important...."

He takes a breath and wipes his eyes.

"....I can't lose you dear. Don't go anywhere..stay with me...always."
"But where will I go papa?", Divya asks innocently.
Then Divya holds Darshan's hand talks him towards the kitchen.
"Open the door of the fridge", she sweetly orders Darshan. He is clueless about what she wants to do, he looks at Siddharth who looks equally confused.

Darshan opens the door of the refrigerator. And then she takes out one chocolate and gives it to her father.
"Papa, take this. Whenever I cry you give me chocolates. So now you eat this."
Siddharth stands there and smiles looking at the beautiful father-daughter relationship. He prays this happiness to be permanent and not a short lived one.
Darshan was silently eating the chocolates.
Suddenly Divya cheerfully exclaims, "you know Siddharth uncle, papa is looking like a small baby. As if a small baby is eating chocolates!"

And all of them burst out into a loud laughter.

Darshan looked so carefree while he was laughing!

__________________________________

How are y'll readers?
Personally I felt like thanking Divya for making Darshan happy. Like, even though she is a kid, she's mature enough to understand his father's situation. What do you guys think?
Also tell me if you all liked the chapter. Are you enjoying the story? Well I must tell you there are lots of surprises in the coming chapters, so be ready guys!!
Vote
Comment
Spread love💙