23: Tom and Jerry

Both Darshan and Diksha were having their breakfast without speaking a word. Then Darshan breaks the silence of the room. He clears his throat and says, "So...um..what are you doing now? I mean are you continuing fashion designing?"

Diksha replies, "yeah..I am the lead designer of the S.N.P Enterprise"

"Oh..okay..."
Further Darshan questions, "So where do you stay these days?"

Diksha hesitates bit and replies, "I went to New York for a year...and after returning... I live in Andheri now"

"So for two years you have been in Mumbai?"
Darshan questions.

"Ye-yes"

Diksha changes the topic and says, "Divya has grown up so much, Darshan..."

"Yes, and you know she questioned several times about you. At night she told me several times to tell about her mom. So I lied and told her that you where busy because of your work....."
Darshan's eyes became watery while speaking. Diksha looked down and she was sitting quietly.
Darshan adds, "why did you leave Diksha?"

Diksha is shocked after hearing Darshan's question. She never expected him to ask that question all of a sudden. She stammers "I-I...Darsh..Darshan..."

Darshan slowly places his hand on Diksha's palm and says in a whispering tone, "Look at me..see I'm not forcing you. But before being your husband, and even before becoming your boyfriend..I am your friend, right?"
Diksha nods in response.
Darshan continues, "Then what's wrong? Tell me exactly what had happened three years ago. Trust me, I will listen patiently. And now you're here, beside me..take your time Diksha but don't hide anything from me. Let's clear out everything before things get ruined forever. I don't want want to lose you again... let's give our relationship another chance.."

"Even I want to clear out everything but I can't......."

Diksha tries to explain herself when suddenly her phone rang. And she said, "Darshan I have to take this call. It's very important.."
And she goes inside her room.
.
.
.
.
Darshan is sitting in his studio along with Jugyal, Hardil and Siddharth. They were making a new song when Hardil says, "Yaar guys, it has been long that we haven't gone out for a trip. All of us have been busy and now I feel like a robot."

"Hardil we haven't finished the song yet, we can speak about these trips and holidays later on", Siddharth says.

"Stop behaving like a 60 year old uncle. Siddharth you're 27 only"
Hardil says and all of them start laughing loudly.

"Guys either stop laughing like that or close the door.I'm attending a meeting"
Diksha screams from the next room.

"I think even Diksha has joined 'the 60s club' along with Sid", Jugyal tells in between in laughs.

Siddharth makes an irritated face but immediately he starts laughing and says, "Hello Darshan! What are you doing with your phone? We all are meeting after so long and you're busy with your phone!"

Darshan starts giggling and says, "I'm recording everything..and all these 60s club thing and all will be on social media"

After hearing that Siddharth shouts "No.... don't do that. I don't want to become a meme material.. please"

"After all you are my best friend Siddharth....and here I am posting the video....1...2...3..post..."

Darshan says and immediately Siddharth tries to snatch his phone. Darshan stands up and starts running, after him.
And both of them laughing are running around the house.

Divya sees that and starts jumping, "Mumma........papa and Siddharth uncle have become Tom and Jerry. They are running...like cartoon characters....like....like Tom and Jerry...."

<Diksha's point of view>
I was attending a very important meeting.
"Yes ma'am I have mailed the final designs..."

Suddenly I heard Darshan, Siddharth, Jugyal and Hardil laughing. I told them to keep quiet.
I continued, "So as I was saying.. this time these designs will not only be fashionable but also comfortable because...."

Then again everyone started laughing again.
Then I heard Divya saying, "Mumma........papa and Siddharth uncle have become Tom and Jerry. They are running...like cartoon characters....like...like Tom and Jerry...."

God, I don't think I will be able to attend this meeting properly. But I somehow managed and ended the call
<End of Diksha's point of view>

Diksha comes out of her room and says, "I was attending a meeting.....what the hell!"
She sees Darshan and Siddharth running.
She exclaims in surprise, "what happened guys? Stop running!"

Darshan immediately stands beside Diksha and says, "Listen you are my wife. So support me"
Diksha looks at him with a confused face but she felt good when she hears 'my wife.'
Then Siddharth says, "Diksha you're my friend and also you're like my sister. So you should save me.. please"

Diksha is utterly confused and she looks at Hardil and Jugyal.
Then Jugyal says, "Darshan had recorded a video where we are calling Siddharth a 60 year old and saying that he belongs to the 60s club. He wanted to upload that on social media..and"
Jugyal start laughing and then says, "Siddharth didn't want to become a meme material. So he's trying to snatch Darshan's phone"

"Oh my god!! Are you sure you all are 27? Or are you 2+7= 9 years?"

Divya says in between, "today I will not watch Tom and Jerry on TV"

Darshan asks  "why? What happened?"

"Because she saw Tom and Jerry in real life," Diksha says controlling her laughter.

"Yes mumma you are right"
Divya says and giggled.

Hearing that everyone in the room starts laughing. It looked as if all the problems, tension, stress and anxiety has vanished from their lives!
And that is exactly what happens when all the friends reunite after a long time!!

 It looked as if all the problems, tension, stress and anxiety has vanished from their lives!And that is exactly what happens when all the friends reunite after a long time!!

__________________________________

Hii guys!
How are you all? Did you like this chapter?
Also, I'll take a break from here. Actually I need to concentrate on my academics. I will be back after a break, and then I promise I'll update the chapters regularly.
And I have already written the drafts of the next 6 chapters!!!
So I will upload those after I'm back from my break.
I hope you all will understand!
Till then take care! I love you all!!

Spread love💙