34.

Pierre's P.O.V.

2 months. 

Entire June and July. 61 days. 1464 hours. 

That's how long it has been without my daughter.

My small angel is in coma, her small body is weak and frail. Her lungs and heart work better now, she no longer requires an oxygen mask. 

Yet all doctors seem to say is that she has no chances of making it. Fuckers dared to insist on putting my sweetie to sleep. I thought, I will kill them with my bare hands for even thinking that I will ever agree to that.

Under no circumstances I will do that. I will die before anyone dares to touch my child.

I will give all money I have to keep my baby alive. I will never ever take away her priceless life. She is just 5, she has so much to see, to learn, to experience, to go to and explore. 

For the sake of my baby, I relocated her to the finest hospital of Paris, arranged the best room and the most remarkable staff for my angel. I don't care how much her treatment costs, all I want is her to be well and wake up soon.

I don't leave Genevieve's side. I cannot leave her. My routine is the same and unchangeable: quick trip to the house to shower and change, then I am back here - by my daughter's side, holding and caressing her tiny hand, telling her everything she likes to listen about: legends, myths, fairytales. My sons and wife come here, they barely leave her side. My beloved has been a huge help, she keeps me and my sons sane, even though she herself can barely take it without breaking down. I am beyond grateful for her soothing me and keeping me cool. 

Today is yet another miserable day. My boys are at the warehouse, paying visits to 2 morons. My beloved wife drove to our home to check on Biscuit, shower and change.

"M. Morales, je peux vous parler?"- asked her doctor Jakes, knocking on the door. (Mr Morales, can I talk to you?) 

"Oui."- I replied, never letting go of my child's hand, caressing it gently with my thumb. 

"J'ai les résultats des tests et ils ne sont pas prometteurs. Son système a du mal à se rétablir, M. Morales. Elle est très petite et jeune, trop jeune pour être capable de gérer une telle pression."- said doctor, my heart racing from worry, pain and horror, while my blood boiled. (I have the test results and they are not promising. Her system is struggling to recover, Mr Morales. She is very small and young, too young to be able to deal with such pressure.) 

"Tu peux t'arrêter là parce que je ne vais pas endormir ma fille. Je crois en mon enfant et vous êtes payé pour qu'elle ait des chances de se rétablir."- I shut him up as calmly as I could, giving him warning look. (You can stop right there because I am not going to put my daughter to sleep. I believe in my child and you are paid to make sure she has chances to recover.) 

"M. Morales, ça va aller mieux."- dared to utter doctor. (Mr Morales, it will be better.) 

"Ne vous avisez pas de me dire ce qui est mieux pour ma fille. Je vais me battre pour sa vie et tu ferais mieux de laisser tomber ce sujet. C'est ma décision sévère et définitive."- I denied coldly, keeping myself collected and civil. (Don't you dare tell me what's better for my daughter. I am going to fight for her life and you better drop that topic. This is my stern, set decision.) 

Before doctor Jakes could say anything, the machine with my baby's heartbeat began making noise, showing my daughter's heartbeat pick up. 

Room brimmed with doctors. My heart raced in worry and fear. 

"Vous devez quitter la pièce, M. Morales."- said the nurse, trying to lead me out, but not so soon. (We need you to leave the room, Mr Morales.)