Ch-15

Sunagakure,
Suna Hospital,
Night time.

A few hours had passed after the attack on Suna by Akatsuki. Ever since then, the rush in Hospital hasn't stopped. Shinobis after shinobis, brutally injured were being tended by doctors.

After hearing the news of how Menma, Sasuke and Neji, one of the best in Konoha were toyed by just 2 Akatsuki members, the terror spread to every village. Their friends couldn't believe that Sasuke , Neji and Menma were defeated.

Right now, The group of Konoha 13 along with Itachi and Kakashi were waiting outside a hospital room where their friends were being attended. Soon their attention was taken by a doctor who came walking outside the room "They have regained their consciousness now. No vital injuries, let them rest till tomorrow and they will be atleast good to walk".

"Can we go and see them?" The doctor nodded at Narumi's question and without wasting a moment they barged inside the room.

Their eyes widened when they looked at the condition of their friends. They had never seen them like this ever before...not even at war times they were in such tragic condition. "Sasuke-kun!" Sakura ran next to him as she was terrified looking at his injuries. "Wha-what happened to your eyes" Sasuke's eyes, which were covered in bandages worried everyone.

"It's fine, I just used them too much....even still I couldn't defeat The Crow." frustration was clearly visible on his face. "He didn't even use his Mangekyou Sharingan against me. With just Three Tomoe Sharingan he completely owned me....what an insult-".

Itachi interrupted Sasuke before he could further demoralize himself "look at your injuries...he must have fought seriously. Which means you were a tough opponent for him. Don't loose confidence, in one or two year you will definitely surpass him. If it's someone's fault then its me.Sorry everyone...I couldn't reach in time.".

"Hinata? Where is she?" asked Neji as he couldn't find her anywhere "she wanted to come but her father stopped her at home.....he said they are having some guests coming today" replied Ino.

The room remained silent for a while as everyone held different emotions in them. Some were angry looking at their friends condition, some were sad while some were shocked. Just then, Shikamaru broke the silence "So Sasuke was done in by Crow....what about you both?"

"Naruto...it was Naruto" those who were seating jumped up in shock as they heard the name. "Naruto! He defeated you both? How?" Kiba fired the questions at them. "He was strong...too strong. Living under the same roof with him I knew he was powerful but...but he far exceeded my expectations." The room went completely silent after this.

"Y-you are kidding me right? N-naruto? That Naruto defeated BOTH of you?" Narumi just couldn't accept this. Her brother whose power and skills she always admired was defeated even after he teamed up with Neji who was also just as good as him. "He is not joking Narumi" with a low voice of that of a defeated person Neji continued "at first we thought we had him but....he adapted to our speed in just few minutes. His movements were flawless like he has been sparring with us for ages. We somehow managed to pin him down and I was successful in cutting off his chakra network so he couldn't infuse chakra. But then...soon he released his true powers...a horrifyingly strong chakra which I have felt nowhere. He underwent some changes after that....his eyes were pupil-less red, his hands changed into a claw....it was like we were facing a monster".

The group couldn't picture Naruto under the description given by Neji. The Naruto they knew was a calm , always cheerful one but here they were hearing completely contrasting image. "No doubt about it" Kakashi's sudden murmer of words took everyone's attention "according to Neji, if Naruto's appearance changed after he activated a different chakra....then it's a Tailed-Beasts chakra".