1. Ethereal

First day of school and the only thing I seem to notice is the way the sun shines through his brown hair and just how ethereal he looks...... Shit!he's looking at me,. Uh oh he's coming. why is he coming here!? Of all places! Flashing that charming Colgate smile of his!!!

I was pulled out of my reverie by a locker slamming shut.More precisely the one belonging to my best friend.
"Yo bitch!what's up with u . Don't look at me like that . I know I'm pretty but not thaat pretty!!"
Ian Erasmus spurts the randomest shit right out of his mouth at the stupidest times . No,he is not my only friend just as this is not a clichéd story.

"Hey guys !"
Jessica Stryder,the world's classiest work of art struts in to the scene with her jasmine scented perfume clogging my nostrils as well as Ian's who fails to hide his disgust.
You see Jessica likes experimenting. Sometimes they work out,other times not so much. I sometimes wonder how we're friends because as it is each and everyone of my friend group would easily into stereotypes .

To tell you a little about myself, I am a dork who has borderline nerd tendencies clashing with my total tomboy appeal. Literally!!

We head to class where we'll be assigned to seats and all I can think about is 'no I do not want to end up with Psyche as my partner Again!

Psyche Burns became famous after blowing up the chemistry lab last year . It went so far as to reach the local news and thus started debates on whether chemistry should even be a subject or not!? Despite voting being highest for against,high school authorities decided to hazard our precious little lives by keeping it first period as some kind of strong statement that' yes,we set the rules here'.
That was the highlight of last year and now everyone acknowledges Psyche by his last name ,Burns but avoid getting within a six feet radius of the outcast.
Poor guy,lost whatever little social standing he did have, which was negligent already .

Walking into the classroom, I froze!This year the seating arrangements were listed on the board and no it's not what you're thinking. I didn't end up with Psyche .Even worse!I ended up with the Greek Adonis!!!
Fuck my life!!!

Upon finding their assigned seats ,Jessica in front of me and Ian across the aisle, both glanced at me ,Jessica seemingly understanding my plight and the reason why i was pivoted to the ground near the entrance, smirked at me!!! The audacity, I tell you!of best friends

Glancing at my partner,MY PARTNER (atleast I get to call him mine in something), passed me a bright smile ,beckoning me to join him. Oh Gosh!!!I hope I don't mess this up!!!!!!!!!
If you think I have a crush on him then think again, not that it'll do much anyway . I don't have a crush on him. I draw him. Simple as that!!!! .So,him being my muse completely puts out the thought of my ever being with him,including the want. I am the artist and he was my current art project. Of course he didn't know. Which is the reason why I didn't wanna mess anything up,or spill any beans.

No small conversation was made as the teacher came in right at that moment . He did pass me a smile though which i have committed to memory and soon be available on paper. Ah!!!

Homeroom's over and done and now we're off to....... u guessed it ,Chemistry !!
Yay!!!( que awkward jazz hands)

" Dude,that was MINE!!"Jess and i hear Ian shouting at a beefy looking guy
" oh boy!here we go again"
" so,what'you gonna do about it "
Ian looked about ready to retort but me and Jessica were able to yank him away from his impending doom
" Let it go Ian ,we'll get you a new one"Jess starts cooing at him.
" But it was the last piece of Tiramisu" Ian is literally a baby when it comes to food.

By the time we reach our table,I notice that our small group of 7 has now become 9 . One's a Russian and the other looks Asian.
Apparently, Russian is Nick and Asian is named Ash
Ian ,still being babied ,Rita is the one making introductions .Rita is a sweet, peacemaker and the diplomat of our group .
"There's Jace,Michelle ,Jess ,her future boyfriend Ian -"
"Hey" two simultaneous protests
" ..... -Said boyfriend, Valencia, and you guys know Ally" .Ash proves his sweetness by opening a pink lid box and offering it to Ian .
Ecstatic, Ian grabs Box from him giving heart eyes to his Tiramisu
" Manners" Jessica reprimand
"Yo, Ashy -pashy you and me?: we're besties now !Don't forget that!"
" Hey,what about me....!!" I am not even dignified with a response.

Ash and I have next period together, so we get talking aaand he's into music. Alot. Alot, alot.!The second I named my favorite band ,he listed their entire music history, possible favorites, etc

Last period ,I had study hall which no one had . Like seriously 9 people and not one ....!!Ugh!!!

Wait!!!!!oh.

Out came my sketchbook and in my head the repeated loop of analyzing every feature of the close up smile I witnessed today !!!

I was halfway through the top part of his face when I noticed someone had taken the seat in front of me.
Someone I didn't recognize...
Or maybe I did!!!