★30★

Ep.30 - She knows

I slowly turn around to see him, aiming a gun to my head. He just chuckled. "Remember your face when you found the news?" He said.

"I can't believe you would actually kill people for just a simple information. What did those people even do to you?" I manage to spit poison at him, behind my blank piece of fear in my body.

"I knew you would get in the way."  He said pushing the end of the pistol nearer on my forehead. "Now search the newspaper and I'll let you go." He added.

"That will not do, father." I smirked before swiftly kicking him where the sun doesn't shine before getting the gun. I grabbed a seemingly placed wooden plank near the wall before hitting him hard in the head.

I sighed. "Now, I'll just leave you right here." I smiled to myself before grabbing the copy of the newspaper.

I got out of the room, leaving the unconscious man inside before swinging it shut and locking it. I started walking to the front reception where the 5 are waiting.

I give Steve the copy, smiling at him. "Thank you." He said nodding. I went towards the reception table, putting the keys in a hidden drawer with the gun.

A youngster went towards me, I looked at them.

Natasha's POV:

I already know she's (Y/N) since Peter decided to slip his tongue in front of me and Wanda. Wanda didn't told Loki though.

As I watched her asking the youngster about a book. I noticed that Clint was staring down at her. "You miss her, don't you?" I spoke.

"I know she wanted some time alone but yeah, I do miss her. And that assistant even looked like her. It's hurting me the most. Bucky was back being his past self again. Thor is more quiet, Loki is devasted and me, broken."

I decided to rub his back. "She'll come back soon. Her friends will be by her side and you know it." I sadly smile at him. He just nodded, looking back at Bruce, Steve and Peter. I turned to look at them.

Clearly fighting about a information as Peter just stand there, looking at the two. Blinking in annoyance.

I slightly shook my head before eyeing back at (Y/N), who was looking directly at Clint. She got my stare and quickly turn away. I smiled, knowing deep inside she also miss Clint and the others.

"Babysit them, I have to ask the assistant about something." I spoke before walking away. Clint looked at me suspiciously before nodding.

Once I got to the reception, she smiled at me. About to ask what's wrong when I cut her off.
"Hey (Y/N)." I said. She immediately froze in place before glancing at Peter behind me.

I giggled at her actions. "Peter decided to slip but I promise, I won't tell anyone." I smiled at her. She sighed in relief before looking at me with hurtful eyes.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." She spoke. "It's fine, you need relaxation after that happened." She just nodded.

"I hate lying at Clint." She spoke yet again. "Well, you're lucky, you can act so well. Even THE Bruce Banner had fallen into your lies." I chuckled.

She giggled a bit before smiling at me. "I seriously don't know how he would fall for it." She said. I said laughing.

"Nat! We're going. We're taking this for inspection." Steve yelled before walking out with Bruce and Clint.

I gave (Y/N) a smile before walking out. "Sorry." I heard Peter behind me before sprinting beside me.

Back to your POV

I knew Peter would slip someday.

I giggled before looking further in the library, my expression changing into a smug look. I have to check on him.

I quickly looked around to see if Ms. October was around. I just sighed as I didn't found her. Must be in the further back of the library helping other kids.

Swiftly grabbing the keys on the hidden drawer before sprinting down to the restricted door. I opened it to see him gone. And the idiocy brain of mine as I never actually tied him up.

Well this is crap... Now he's gone..

"(F/N)? What are you doing just standing there?"

I jumped at the sudden voice before looking behind me. "Ms. October, oh crap, I forgot what am  I getting here again. Oh yeah! A newspaper article from 1983!" I quickly said as I went in the room before shutting the door behind me.

In this tiny storage room, there's no way he's hiding here. Specially if there's only shelves on each wall and no hiding spot available. So he ran out. He just ran out.

I gathered every lie I could think of, before walking out the room. Locking the door and walking back to the front reception. And there, Ms. October is leaning against the counter, checking out some teens books.

I went beside her before swiftly changing the gun with the keys and pocketing the gun on my side.

"So did you get the newspaper?" Ms. October asked as she finished with the books. "Yeah, the guy said it wasn't the newspaper he wanted so I put it back." I smiled at her. She nodded. "I hope that man gets what he wanted." She said.

Even if the guy was fake, yeah... Sure..

I just smiled at her before taking another trip around the library to see if there's other people who needs help. Keeping my mind away from the encounter I have like 30 minutes ago. And that's how fast the time gets from this encounters I have.

What sort of danger do I have to face next? God, I just wanted to live a happy life. Why is this happening to me?!