23.) "No sweetheart"

Belle's POV

Xander picked me up from the passenger seat and carried me inside, he took me upstairs and laid me on our bed, "I am going somewhere but I will be back in a little while" he said, bending down and kissing my head. I just stared at him and he sighed and walked out of the room.

I rolled on my side and stared at the empty wall eventually falling asleep.

When I woke up again the room was silent. I stood from the bed and made my way to the bathroom, after I was finished I sat back on the bed and just stared at the wall thinking about why this had to happen to me.

"Belle" I heard Xander's voice come from the door. I did not move at all and soon felt him kneel in front of me, "Come down for dinner baby" he said. I just stared at the wall and he sighed, picking me up and carrying me out of the room.

He carried me down the stairs and I just blankly stared at nothing in particular. My mind was swarming with thoughts and I could not control them. He sat down but kept me in his lap, "Here" he said, bringing a spoon to my lap, I just looked at it. He breathed in and then sighed once again.

"Belle" he said, sitting the spoon down. I looked at him and felt tears welling up in my eyes. "Don't cry" he said softly, a tear ran down my cheek and I threw my arms around him, he rubbed my back and kissed my head. "I am so sorry" he whispered to me, I pulled away and wiped my tears, "No, I should be sorry, we can't have any more kids" I said checking up at the end. "But we still have Josh and Adriana," he said, rubbing his thumb over my cheek. I nodded and looked down at my lap, I gasped and ran my fingers up my arm, "I never realised I had this many bruises" I said looking at him.

His jaw clenched and he held me closer, "Don't worry about him, he is gone forever" he said. I looked at him and nodded, "thank you" I said, pecking his cheek. He nodded, "No problem my love" he said. "Where are the kids?" I asked, "At Greg's" he said. I stood to my feet and grabbed his hand pulling him up, "Let's go get them" I said. He nodded and we walked upstairs, I went to the closet and he followed me. We both got dressed.

 We both got dressed

We walked down to the garage and I held Xander's hand the whole way there, not wanting to be away from him

We walked down to the garage and I held Xander's hand the whole way there, not wanting to be away from him. When we arrived Xander led me up the steps and he knocked on the door, I stood behind him still attached to him really closely.

"Hey" Greg said, opening the door to let us in. We walked to the living room and Xander sat on the couch pulling me down in his lap. I put my arm around his neck and sat sideways, "I will get the kids" Greg said leaving the room. I looked at Xander and he gave me a small smile, "you good?" he asked, I nodded and layed my forehead on the side of his head.

"Mommy" I looked up and saw Josh standing there with tears streaming down his face. I felt my eyes water and I held out my arms, he ran to me and jumped into my arms sobbing. I held him close and rubbed his back, "I missed you" he whispered holding my cheeks in his hands, "Oh baby, I missed you more" I said kissing his cheek. I sat him down and looked up, everyone was sitting here now and Greg was holding a sleeping Adriana. I felt a hand lay on my stomach and I looked down to see Josh looking at my stomach.

"What happened?" he asked innocently, looking up at me still crying, tears fell down my face as I bent down and held his face in my hands, I wiped his tears, "Is there still a baby in there?" he asked. I picked him up and sat him in my lap, "No sweetheart" I said softly, he looked at me and tilted his head, "Where?" he asked. Tears spilled out of my eyes and I choked up a little, "the baby is in heaven now" I said, he gasped and hugged me, "i am sorry mommy" he said. I sobbed and turned to Xander, his eyes were sad and he pulled me to him.

"Greg, can you bring Ariana to the car?" Xander asked, Greg nodded and Josh got up from my lap. "C'mon" Xander said standing up with me in his arms. He carried me to the car and we drove home.

When we arrived home I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom crying. "Baby" Xander said softly, knocking on the door. I sat in the corner and put my knees in my chest and cried, I don't know what to do.

The door opened and Xander walked in, laying a key on the counter next to the seat. He squatted in front of me, laying his hand on my knee, I looked at his shoes, "I can't do this" I whispered. He picked me up and sat where I was sitting, placing me on his lap with my legs on either side of him.

"We will get through this together" he said wiping my tear stained cheeks. I shook my head, "This is my fault" I said crying harder. He pulled me to him and I laid my head on his shoulder, "None of this is your fault," he said, rubbing my back. I pulled away and looked at him, "Did you hear when he said I took his baby from him?" I asked and he nodded, "He had a crib death" I said looking down and fiddling with the end of his shirt. "It was an accident," I said, wiping my eyes. Xander took my hands and kissed my knuckles, "I love you my beautiful Belle" he said, I looked at him, "I love you too." I whispered, leaning in and connecting our lips.

He stood and brought me to the bed, I pulled away and snuggled into the sheets, "you sleep" he said kissing my head, I nodded and watched him walk out of the room. I turned over and closed my eyes going to sleep.