26th Kill - Theories

1 – Lentz, Gerit (147) Mute/Loner

2 – Shiota, Nagisa (95) Loner

3 – Malinay, Stag (71) Loner

4 – Veleten, Zerren (54) Loner

5 – Nakamura, Rio (51) Loner

6 – Isogai, Yuma (26) Loner

"It does not surprise me that you only lost one tag." Sugino nudges me as we all eat dinner together. Lannamay, Stag and Zerren pulled up extra chairs and we made room for them.

"That Gerit had it out for you though." Lannamay says to me, chewing thoughtfully. "He didn't care about anyone else in that last challenge."

"That's how you surprised him so bad." Kayano nudges Stag. "He wasn't expecting you at all!"

"I take offense to that." Stag glares back in annoyance and we all laugh, him reluctantly joining.

"You think maybe he just paid attention to us the whole time and we never noticed?" Zerren offers.

"What do you think, Nagisa?" Isogai asks from next to me.

"I don't know." I put a hand to my chin. "I find it hard to believe he's that good at reading people."

"We should just ask him." Nakamura throws out, earning stares from all of us. "What? Yada did it. So did you!" She motions to me.

"Well, yeah, but he doesn't exactly answer." Yada mutters.

Nakamura shrugs. "Can't hurt to try. It was your idea that he might be on our side."

"Wait, why do you think that?" Stag asks, confused.

"Because he's against the creator." I explain.

"That doesn't mean shit." Stag shakes his head. "If anything, he's probably on the side of the hosts. And they don't like the creator either."

"They don't?" Kayano's eyes go wide. "How do you know?"

Stag clears out his throat before he whispers the rest. "I asked. And honestly, I'm wondering if he's an ex-host. The only thing that doesn't add up is he eats."

"Maybe the hosts eat elsewhere." Nakamura offers.

"Maybe, but if that's the case, it only strengthens my argument." Stag adds.

"So you think we can't trust him?" Zerren says doubtfully.

"I think he's playing a different game than us." Stag crosses his arms. "And that may be how he knew the rules without ever saying anything."

"That does make sense." Nakamura nods.

"But then—" I start, unsure of how to say what I'm thinking.

It's so contradictory.

"But then what?" Isogai encourages me to go on.

"I don't know." I grumble. "When I asked him about the creator, he was both angry and sad. He said no when I asked if he was against the creator, but obviously that's not how he acts."

Stag stares thoughtfully at his food.

"The ex-host thing makes sense." Nakamura chimes back in. "You said yourself that it always seems like he's ready to listen. The hosts are the same, right?"

"Right." Yada agrees.

"It doesn't explain why he knows so much about us though." Stag wonders out loud.