PROLOGUE

━  IN HIS YOUTH, James Potter would've considered many possible outcomes for his life.

In his first year, there had not been a shadow of a doubt in his mind that he would be a notorious out law. Outsmarting aurors left and right, standing up against the injustices in the justice system, getting the girl, going down in history, the usual stuff.

In his second year, he wanted to be a muggle detective. He was a pureblood, so all he knew about detectives was what he had read in his half-blood best friend/room mates mystery novel, but they sounded cool as hell. He wanted to be cool and mysterious, wearing a beige trench coat and a black fedora, putting away criminals and monsters with nothing but a notebook and clever wit. He wanted to be the smartest in the room at all times, making girls swoon into his arms.

In James' third year, all he really wanted was to go back in time and take one less elective then had. And maybe change how mean he had been the red-head girl in his year who he now had a crush on. While he was at it, messing around with the past and stuff, stopping his friend from getting turned into a werewolf would also be something on his to do list. And stopping his other friends dad from dying. Y'know what, it probaly wouldnt hurt if he helped out his friend Sirius from his parents too.

Fourth year, he wanted to be an auror. A war was raging outside of Hogwarts' walls and all James wanted to do was help. He wanted to save people. He wanted to be a hero. Although.. he proably wouldve settled for understanding why he got so flustered when he was around his friend Remus. Sirius' jokes never helped that year.

In his fifth year, James thought he knew it all. Out of the closet as a proud pansexual and finally over Lily Evans, the world was the limit. He and his friends were breaking rules nobody even knew existed and creating things nobody ever thought possible. That year, during his owls, while his friends wrote things like 'professor', 'dentist', and 'drunk' he decided he wanted to be a quidditch player. A world famous one. Get a hot partner that balanced him out, be famous, and remain as confident as he had always been.

When sixth year rolled around, all of James' plans changed. A quidditch match with three other of the most prestigious schools in europe introduced him to the future love of his life. A six foot two bulgarian woman with a harsh humour who could fly circles around him during quidditch by the name of Priscilla. Problem was, she was trapped in a marrige she'd been sold into as a child. You learn how much you really love someone when you cant even touch them. At that point in his life, all James really knew was that traditional pureblood values were harming the two people he cared most about in the world, and the only future he could picture was with her at his side.

In his seventh year of schooling, James' hands were covered in the kind of blood that would never wash off, left with the kind of memories that never go away. But it had been worth it. Priscilla was free, his best friend was safe at his side, and he had finally figured out what he wanted to do with his life. He wanted to be a healer. He didnt need to go down in history anymore, he wanted to help, and be safe. He wanted everyone to be safe.

At eighteen he knew that was no longer possible. People were dying all around. He joined the order way too young, under the charge of a man he thought he could trust, surrounded by friends he would die for, though they would not return the favour. He was at least sure he was doing the right thing.

At nineteen, James lost his parents, and one of his best friends. Marlene died at the hands of a traitor. He was lost and angry, truly, the only thing that got him through the year was the news that he was going to be a father. Three days of heavy discussion and deep thinking, finally Priscilla came to him, and said she wanted to keep the child, despite everything.

They kept it a secret until the child was born the next year. Harry, he wanted to call him, but Priscilla liked another name better, and considering she was the one that had pushed a whole human being out of her ovaries, he didnt argue. A healthy child was all he wanted, and thats what he got. Beside a small eye condition in his sons right eye that made it extremely sensitive to sunlight, there was not a single thing wrong with him. His best friend Sirius was godfather, and his girlfriends best friend Apolline was godmother. Everything was finally looking up. All he wanted was for his son to live a long and happy life.

At twenty years old James had lost so many friends he could no longer keep track.

At twenty one, James Potter died. His girlfriend dead beside him, just out of arms reach. His best friend was imprisoned for his murder. And his son was left on the doorstep of his grandparents house, in the arms of the elf that had raised his mother before him, a note on his chest. 

In his first year, Thomas Potter killed for the first time.

***

A/N

HI! So this fic is basically me re-writing Harry Potter how i wouldve done, just basically removing all the misogny, racism, harmful stereotypes and antisemitism. Its just a full on rewrite basically. I ditched Harry and added in Thomas as like a dark!harry because i thought itd be more interesting.

His name was changed so I could draw a distinct line between the two and not get confused.

Heres a full list of everything I plan to change:

1, The DA. Instead of the room of requirement they learn in the chamber of secrets, officially destroying the possibility of them being discovered. Also, they learn more then just magical defense, they learn everything hogwarts doesn't teach.

2, I changed Harry/Thomas mum for several reasons but mainly just because I wanted lily alive

3, no more fucking house elves. They're just called elves now and they're a coexisting magical species integrated normally into the wizarding world, no more slavery.

4, diversity and negative stereotypes. Dean Thomas now has a dad, Cho is just her English name, charachters with hijabs, hermiones black & Ron's trans. Also Kingsley name is literally anything other then shacklebolt.

5, No more antisemitic goblins. Goblims are now important key figures in history that we actually learn about (because despite the fact that she wrote about THREE DIFFERENT WARS she couldn't be bothered to talk about the colonisation of an entire magical species)

6, Thomas/Harry tells no one he's the chosen one so he's actually able to develop a personality besides quidditch and dead parents

7, Fleur is acknowledged as a badass who was chosen to be a champion out of hundreds people and not just a misognystic female stereotype (we also acknowledge that she was crucio'd in the fourth book)

8, Honestly I'm just rewriting the books. Like I'm completely destroying Harry's character into someone who has trauma and a personality. I love the og Harry but im just here to entertain myself with this one. Destroying jkrs life work into something she'd hate is a treat.

 Destroying jkrs life work into something she'd hate is a treat