21

Mirae whistled as she walked along the path that led to the park where Eric asked to meet. He hadn't told her why or what they were doing, but simply asked her to meet him at the park.

As she reached the entrance, she immediately recognised a figure, standing only a couple meters away.

"Eric!" Mirae ran over, waving as the boy turned around, waving back.

"Hey."

"Hi, why'd you call me out?" Mirae put her hands into the pocket of her hoodie as she looked up at Eric who was fiddling with his fingers and overall looked quite anxious and awkward.

"I actually have something to tell you."

-

Flashback

"Is it okay if I tell her I like her?"

"What?" Sunwoo looked at Eric confused as he laughed a little bit.

"Not confessing my feelings, just telling her that I did, so I can let it out and fully move on." Sunwoo 'ahh'ed as he nodded to himself.

"I'm not gonna make a move on her, she's practically your girlfriend and you're my best friend, since like we were 10 or something, I wouldn't do that. I can't do that."

Sunwoo smiled as he pat Eric's knee.

"Do whatever you need to do."

-

Mirae just nodded as she watched Eric sigh deeply.

"Your a super amazing friend Mirae and I really hope we can grow closer and officially become best friends, cause that'd be cool. And because there's lots of things I want to make fun of you for or take more blackmail photos or just hang out with and have fun."

Eric looked up and met eyes with Mirae as she listened carefully to what he was saying.

"I really like you Mirae. As a friend of course. But I also really like you, as a person."

He watched as her eyebrows raised a bit and he could tell she was in shock, even though she didn't change her facial expression.

"But Sunwoo's my best friends and your also a friend and I know how much you guys like each other and I can't and won't interfere with that. Ever. But I cant help it. I cant help that my heart beats faster when your around me. Your such an amazing person and there was no way I couldn't fall for you at least once. And I'm glad that once is now, cause I'll make sure this is the first and only time I ever have any sort of romantic feelings for you."

As Eric said these things, he couldn't tell what Mirae was thinking anymore, her face had turned blank and it was hard to guess what she was thinking or feeling.

"I just had to tell you this so I could fully move on. I really hope this doesn't ruin our friendship and that we can continue to be really good friends."

Mirae finally let out a small smile.

"Oh and I should probably let you know that I already talked Sunwoo about this beforehand."

Mirae laughed as she listened to him.

"He really really likes you Mirae. I've seen him fall in love with Hana and I didn't think he could like anyone else that much, but he truly is crazy about you. He talks about you nonstop, it's actually super annoying so you should quickly accept his confession and take him away from me, please."