20

It was the morning of the next day and as usual, Mirae woke up and got ready for school. She had just closed the door and turned around when she saw Sunwoo standing right in front of her.

Mirae flinched slightly as she let out a small scream, holding her chest as she looked up at Sunwoo who bent over down to her height.

"Good morning Mirae." Sunwoo whispered as he pat the girls head.

"Sunwoo you scared me!" Mirae pouted as she punched his shoulder.

Sunwoo just laughed at the girl while reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small object.

"My phone!" Mirae hurriedly reached out for her phone which Sunwoo handed to her as she examined it.

"Where did you find it?"

"It was on my desk and I recognised it was yours. But it was super cracked so I got it fixed, that's why I couldn't get it back to you until now." Sunwoo smiled as he watched Mirae play with her phone.

Mirae fumbled with the beaded chain which dangled from her new phone case. "Did you add this?"

Sunwoo nodded proudly as the girl smiled to herself, placing her phone in her bag as she pulled the boy along.

"Let's get to school before it's too late!" Mirae exclaimed as she let go, however, Sunwoo was quick to slide his hands into hers, interlocking their hands, giving it a squeeze.

"Let's go!" Before Mirae could blush, he pulled her along, swinging their arms up and down as they skipped along the path.

Once the two had gotten to the school gates, Haerin spotted them, running towards them quickly.

As Mirae waved, Haerin pushed in between the two, making them let go of each other's hands and then stood protectively before Mirae, glaring at Sunwoo.

"What do you think your doing?" Haerin gripped onto Mirae's hand as she backed away slowly, pushing Mirae back with her.

"Haerin it's fine, he apologised." Mirae said, Sunwoo nodding frantically as he let out a nervous chuckle.

"That's what they all say..." Haerin, pushed Mirae towards the school gate, further away from Sunwoo, while still keeping an eye on him.

Mirae shot the boy an apologetic look before punching her friend in the arm and pushing her off herself.

Sunwoo chuckled as he watched the girls bicker together, beginning to walk into the school himself.

-

It was now lunchtime and Haerin was still interrogating Mirae about the Sunwoo situation as the pair walked into the school cafeteria.

"Are you sure your okay?"

"I think so... I still like him a lot and he said he likes me too." Mirae spoke as she grabbed her tray of food.

"Okay if you say so... but if he hurts you one more time I'm gonna beat his ass." Haerin said as she punched her palm, making Mirae giggle.

"Mirae!" Hearing her voice, Mirae spun her head, seeing Sunwoo waving towards them as he gestured for them to sit at his table.

Mirae gave Haerin a pleading look, making her groan and nod annoyingly, as they walked over towards Sunwoo.

Immediately upon arriving at the table, Mirae sat down next to Sunwoo, as he took the opportunity to hold her hand, placing it on his lap before eating his lunch as if he wasn't doing anything.