Adrenaline pumped your veins wanting to protect the woman who raised you rather than the hide away from the one who birthed you. That woman did not have the rights to blare out at Aunt Yumi like this after what she has done. You jabbed the seatbelt buckle to set yourself free the moment the car came to a complete stop. Ushijima hurriedly followed behind you who was storming your way over. "Listen, you bitch-" "Hey!" You yelled, coming in between them and pulling Aunt Yumi behind you. This was the first time since forever that you had such close contact with your mother. You did not know why but there was no fear but anger and hatred surging alongside protectiveness.

"Y/n!" "What are you doing here?" You demanded to know after cutting your mother mid sentence. Ushijima arrived at the scene and checked on Aunt Yumi to see if she was alright. Your mother let out a smile, a fake one, that you saw through and opened her mouth to speak. "I've come to bring you home, sweetie. You don't have to stay with that uncle and aunt of yours." Her teeth seeped venom at the last first words. "Look at you, you've grown up so well." She sang and wanted to reach for your cheek but you quickly swerved away, heart pounding in both anger and nervousness. "What's wrong? Don't you miss and want mommy?" Disgusting hag.

Your eyes trailed her up and down as shivers went down your spine to take a good look at her. She had aged to what seemed right for her age but she was still the same within. That same old woman that did not deserve to be a mother. "I don't know what you really want but there's one thing for sure and that is for you to leave the hell away from us." You gulped while mustering up the courage to talk back. You were tired of seeking refuge and it was time to stand up for yourself even though the woman before you was your mother.

Your mother, Seiko, scoffed and her switched up her features from the artificial care and smile to an annoyed one. "Is this how you talk to you mother, huh?! So, this must be what your uncle and aunt taught you?" She raised her voice and you startled, recalling moments from when you were young. Aunt Yumi's eyes shook in worry as she stepped up to defend you only to be shot down harshly again by Seiko. Ushijima saw how your body trembled and hurriedly stood by you in a manner that you were half seen.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi, we meet again." Again? Flickering your eyes at your boyfriend, you wanted him to explain what Seiko meant by that. "I warned you to not follow us but you did." Ushijima cocked a brow while his voice went octaves deeper. Aunt Yumi placed her hands on your shoulders to ask if you needed to leave the overwhelming scene but all you did was shake your head. "You even went to look for my boyfriend? What do you exactly want from us?" You took a step forward so that you were now properly standing next to Ushijima.

Since you have brought that up, it seemed like Seiko did not want to keep her motive anymore. "Listen, daughter. I just wanted money from your Uncle Fuki and Aunt Yumi but it seemed like I've found myself a better option," She paused, trailing her eyes at Ushijima with a devious smirk. "Your lover boy's dirt rich from his career as a pro-volleyball player and being an ambassador for many big brands. What I want is an appropriate sum of money to live off the rest of my life and I'll leave you all alone." Disgusting, shameless hag!

"Seiko, you are out of your mind for that demand!" Aunt Yumi's blood boiled after hearing what your mother has got to say. Truth to be told, your mother had been gambling her life away since you have left as she has no more purpose and she blames that on Uncle Fuki and Aunt Yumi. "You really went out of hand here." Ushijima frowned. "Have you got no shame? Get out of here!" You yelled after in frustration. It was as if you set a trigger off Seiko as her eyes turned into a cold glare, "Don't speak to your mother like that, child." Memories from the past flashed by your head witnessing her arm swinging from the back of her hand to deliver it to the front on your cheek. You froze there and was ready for the pulsating pain but it did not occur. Snapping out of your thoughts, your pupils dilated to see Ushijima grabbing onto her wrist.

In your eyes, Ushijima has always been a gentle giant. He was soft spoken though he had a voice as deep as the ocean, kind eyes that depicted a forest during autumn and a warm grin whenever he sees you. However, the man of those descriptions was no longer there. Ushijima's jaw was clenched with big angered eyes and a tight grip on your mother's wrist. From what you knew of his strength, you were sure that Seiko was in pain and the groan that left her lips proved that. "Don't you dare hit her." Every word punched a deadly sternness that made your palms sweat. "I suggest you close that sewage of yours before it backfires." He seethed, a growl rumbling through his chest. Amidst the tension, a playful voice cut though the air.

"Oya? Isn't it wonderful to return home to a drama series?" "Shut up, Yuki." Snapping your head to the left, it was your cousins, Yuki and Haru. "Are you okay, mom?" Haru went by Aunt Yumi's side to check on her with worry written all over his face. She nodded and assured her well being though she had an intense and nerve stabbing conversation with your mother. Yuki, the oldest of the three, waltz into the scene. "Oh, y/n! It's been a while, right? Sorry for not visiting often as promised." He jutted his lips while patting your head. If the circumstances were normal, you would have kicked him in annoyance but that was inappropriate for the time being. "Ah~ Aunt Seiko, it's been a long time! You're still," He glanced up and down at her with a smile. "That same damn bitch." His entire demeanour switched up with his features dropping to nothing but eerie coldness.

"You-" Hello! You should let her go because she's a walking disease." Yuki poked Ushijima's arm with a kind smile. It was scary how he was able to switch his emotions in a split second. Ushijima dropped her wrist and reached for your waist to pull you close to him. "Haru, your aunt..." "I don't have an aunt, mom." Haru corrected as he did not want to acknowledge Seiko. "Mother~ We're aware of what happened! Look, we even caught it on tape!" Yuki skipped his way to his beloved mother to show the clip. "Look! Look! This is the climax!" He jumped like a kid who wants to show a newly painted canvas. Seiko gasped and felt heavy knowing that she was been caught for real this time. She was about to turn for her heel when Haru blocked her pathway and Yuki on the other side too.

"Aunt Seiko, we can post this on YouTube for the rest of the world to watch. Oh! I think sending it to the police sounds better, right? More drama will boil from there and you know me, I'm into that!" Yuki practically shoved his phone into your mother's face. Haru turned to face the shaking woman with his usual unimpressed face. "That sounds good, Yuki." He played along. "No! Don't you dare!" Seiko tried to salvage the issue by grabbing Yuki's phone but he flinched away in time. "Aw~ Then we'll just keep it just in case!" Yuki pouted and shoved the device into his back pocket. "In case you return with your freaking nuisance and harass my family, you old hag." Yuki stared down at her and managed to send chills down her spine. "Get out of our sight." Haru demanded, nodding his way the other way. With a final glare, Seiko hurriedly left the scene with grudge in her head.

A/N: Introducing y/n's cousins, Yuki and Haru!!