CH. 18 Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

As instructed, I took a look and saw a few people waiting off to the side, staring at me. Throwing hints that they were interested in approaching me.

"What difference does it make that I'm dancing with you?" I asked.

"They're see you as mine and keep away," she explained.

"I don't buy it," I remained skeptical.

"Test your luck then. I'm going for another drink," Violet left me in the middle of the dance floor.

The moment she walked away, two girls came dancing my way. They looked like nice girls who just wanted to dance. Not immediately getting a bad vibe from them, I danced. The temporarily installed strobelights bounced around. I bobbed my head to the music. One of the girls danced close to me. In response, I stepped back to keep distance between us. The other girl took her chance and danced closer but again, I backed away.

A guy joined us and we danced together.

The guy leaned over, "You have a girlfriend, huh?" He figured.

I glanced back at Violet, who was now sipping on a drink.

"Uh yeah," I went along with it.

"I can tell, I'll tell my friends so they can stop," the guy went to the two girls and pulled them away.

The drunk asshole came back and right as he was going to reach me, Violet came back. As if running for his life, the prick turned right around.

"Told you!" Bragging about being right, Violet smirked. "I'm your girlfriend for tonight," she chuckled and threw her arms around my neck to dance closely to me. Only a drunk Violet would act this way.

Giving in, I let my hands rest on her hips and danced with her.

Too drunk for her good, Melanie appeared besides Violet and used her for support. Violet removed her arms from my neck to try and hold onto Melanie.

Melanie slurred her words, "Bitch, I need you to lay down with me!" Wow, she was extremely drunk. Opening her eyes wider, she spotted me, "Rosemary!" The biggest grin formed on her face. "You can lay down with us too!" She invited.

"No thank you, I'm not tired," I shook my head.

"Rosemary, help me with her," Violet requested.

Violet threw Melanie's arm over herself and held her by the waist. I did the same but from the other side. We practically dragged her off the dance floor and sat her down.

Chantel appeared, "Mel!" She seemed relieved to have found her.

Violet walked off. Seeing that Chantel was watching after Melanie, I followed Violet. She wasn't drunk like Melanie but she had been drinking a lot. I saw her drink a whole bunch! That and I smelled the liquor from her breath when we were dancing!

"Violet! Violet! Violet!" I called out multiple times as I followed her out of the yoga room. Violet ran outside. I caught up to her and grabbed her by the arm to stop her. "It's cold out here and it's only going to make you more drunk!" I warned.

"I don't want to be in there anymore," she ran her hand through her hair.

I could see her shivering already.

I stepped up and threw my arms around her, "Okay but you're freezing."

Violet became small in my arms, sinking into them. I tightened my hold on her. "Am I such a bad person, Rosemary?" she asked me.

"Why do you ask that?" Hugging her, I rubbed her arms to give her more warmth.

Violet adjusted her head on my shoulder more comfortably, "My parents don't love me," she stated.