𝟏. the beginning

Start from the beginning

She blinked them away, swallowing the lump that was forming in her throat. The raven haired girl sprinted across the room, gathering supplies and whatnots, her bag was practically full all ready. At the moment of rushing towards the door, she suddenly got reminded of what the girl's brother had told her to get. Her bow and arrows.

Since Kloe lived in a dormitory, she had to hide them pretty well, which the sneaky girl did. She headed to the closet in her bedroom, swinging open the doors, getting a hit of a breeze from them. Kloe extended out her arm, grasping onto the handle to a secret hatch behind it. Swiftly, she pushed it open, revealing the weapon the girl's father had given her the day before he died.

Absentmindedly, Kloe seized onto the handle of the bow, and the quiver that stored the arrows. The sound of a repetitive knock banged against the entrance to Kloe's dorm room, causing her to jump slightly. She rushed out of her bedroom and into the hallway where the door was. She swung it open to be greeted with her sweaty brother, who had a look of fear in his smokey blue eyes, and his friend he had talked about stood beside him, who was most definitely Korean and spun his head around in every direction to make sure there was no threat around them.

Zayn had a forest green jacket wrapped around his shoulders that was zipped up to the top, even though it was summer. He also had dark denim jeans on, with a pair of walnut colored sneakers. Glenn had a cap on, covering his chocolate brown hair, and had his work jacket on, with a dark t-shirt on underneath. He had the same jeans as Kloe's brother, considering they worked at the same place, she guessed they also had to wear the same things.

Without realizing, Zayn had gripped onto his sister's arm and began to drag her down the hallway, Glenn only being a few meters in front of the siblings. "Avoid any of those dead people out there, if they get you, you'll turn into them," Zayn mumbled, loud enough so only Glenn and Kloe could hear. "We just need to bolt it to the car, then make our way to Atlanta."

Kloe's eyebrows glued together with confusion. "Why Atlanta?" the younger sibling asked with curiosity.

"The dude on the news told everyone to go there, that it would be the safest place to go," Glenn answered, who peered over his shoulder to face the girl for a few seconds before turning back ahead.

"What is even going on?!" her voice raised a little as they pushed through the doors to the outside, where there appeared to be some eaten corpses lying across the ground, that were slowly getting back up again. "What the fu-" she was cut off by the sudden pull of her brother, dragging her. Although Zayn was a pizza delivery guy, he was still strong enough to pull someone without struggling, which slightly shocked the girl.

Before she knew it, the three young adults were all ready in the parking lot, where a few cars were. Usually, the parking lot was full, but over half of them were gone, making it pretty obvious that they had the same idea as they did. Going to Atlanta.

As soon as Glenn motioned towards a car, which Kloe didn't recognise, the three all sprinted towards it without stopping to take a final glance at the place Kloe had called home for the past year. She stuffed herself and her belongings into the backseat as Zayn and Glenn hopped into the passenger seat and the driver seat.

Gasping for air, the girl buckled up the seatbelt as the car began to reverse. Kloe didn't feel like conversing with Zayn and his friend, after all the shit she had seen, she was pretty sure if she had opened her mouth, her voice wouldn't be the only thing leaving it. The poor girl was not ready for all the blood and gore that was now coming to life.

Kloe still couldn't comprehend the thought of dead people getting up and walking, eating others, turning them into the dead that were walking.

"Did you get bit or scratched or anything like that?" Zayn inquired, twisting his body to face his younger sister. She simply shook her head, confusion continuing to flow through her young body. "Good, because if you do by one of them things, you'll turn into them no matter what." The raven haired girl's eyes widened with shock at her brother's statement.