Chapter 10 - The Outcome of the One who Oversteps

Three were waiting silently. Waiting for the forthcoming special meeting about to unfold. Everyone currently in attendance knew their purpose, they were just awaiting their edict.

The time to strike was nigh.

A bald hard-faced man had his hands interlaced and was staring into some unknown space. An attractive brunette lady continuously kept repeating the same videos of a teen, dressed in white, dispatch an opponent on the television. Eyes unmoved. Repeatedly, eerily, scrutinising the same intervals over and over. The last attendee was nonchalantly affected, his beautiful golden locks lovingly curled down his temple as he leant back on his chair. Eyes almost closed, leant back with his leg crossed over the other – the epitome of calm.

All three were jolted out of their own reverie by the opening of a door to the briefing room. All eyes immediately snapped to the attention of the young-looking woman who now monopolised the focus of the area.

Everything was silent as the lady took her time to study and analyse the three before her, then the figure on the television opposite. Her gaze stalled for a moment in time before she resumed her stride to the head of the meeting table. Not a single gaze dropped from her figure as she made her journey. The allure she held wasn't in her naturally good looks, but in her domineering presence. The look of power and aptitude, not a view unfamiliar to the room's inhabitants.

Heel's signalling her stop, she turned her chocolate brown eyes to the three presences.

The woman, basking in the attention, took a moment to place down a folded newspaper and small handbook, before releasing a deep breath and removing the lenses from her face. Almost like dropping a persona, she relaxed a fraction to a more comfortable state.

"As you are aware, our assault on that man and his empire is in full swing. Those of you gathered in this room each have a reason for his downfall. Whether you've been used, cast aside, or dislike his ways, it matters not. We will succeed in our mission."

"That's all well and good, your highness," the attractive man replied lazily, with an exaggerated twirl of his hand. "But I doubt the majority of the government will find our duties of the 'Moral and Ethics Bureau' to be very ethical."

Miming fake air-quotes, he gave a pointed look to the lady dressed in a well fitted scarlet suit. Not a look of contempt, but of challenge, as his respect for this individual was quite high.

"Point taken, Sando. A lot are already aware that this sub-division of ours isn't straitlaced on the side of justice. But when you're fighting something worse, those discrepancies tend to fade."

The man, Sando, grumbled in agreement and tried to restrain himself from talking out of turn again. The speaker continued her debrief unabated.

"You three will focus on the boy. He can be a danger. We've all seen the files and footage, so we'll need to tread carefully. Unfortunately, we cannot force his expulsion as our task force doesn't have the proper authority. Other means will be used to displace him."

"Don't feel any lingering attachments...?" Asked Sando once again, disrupting the flow.

"Of course, she doesn't. Shut up, Sando," snapped the only other female in the room.

"You only ever act so rigid whenever she is here, don't you, Tani?"

The aforementioned Tani, sheepishly glanced at the woman in question, before straightening and turning her eyes skyward. Sando chuckled quietly at the portrayal of unnatural timidness.