CH. 16 Toddler's Meal

Start from the beginning

"Off campus," she elaborated.

I didn't really feel like getting ready to go out for the night. "I don't know." After finding out about Rosemary's date, I wasn't in the mood- holy shit! Wait! On second thought. "Actually, yes! Yes I do!" I accepted.

As if I made her whole day, Carina smiled from ear to ear.

**********

Rosemary's P.O.V

We were behind a few people to go into the restaurant. A group just walked away. They were sent away. There was a guest list?

The restaurant host asked us, "Under what name is your reservation?" she asked, ready to search up the name on the tablet.

"Actually, we don't have a reservation," Olivia spoke on our behalf. I mentally facepalmed. Even I knew that a place like this required a reservation.

In a lamenting expression, the host stated, "I fear that we don't have a table for you. Our reservations are full."

Honestly, we could go to McDonald's and I'd be happy with it. No need to come to a fancy restaurant like Table 21. By the looks of it, Olivia was stuck on this place though. She was bargaining with the host to get a table.

"No table at all?" Olivia exhausted her choices.

The host opened her mouth to speak but just then a familiar voice squeaked, "I need a table!" Violet? How in the world was she here? Oh boy, this had to be a nightmare! "Hello beautiful!" Violet greeted the host. Welcoming herself to give her a side hug.

"Violet Delaney! Welcome! What a pleasure to have you here!" You got to be kidding me! "Do you have a reservation?"

I swear if Violet says no-

"No," Violet frowned. "Is there anything available for me?" oh god, she did the puppy eyes.

Even I wouldn't be able to say no.

However, the host needed to be professional-

"There's always a table for you Violet!" The host guaranteed. What the heck?

"But you just told us no!" I protested.

"Rosemary," A little embarrassed, Olivia tapped my shoulder as if telling me to keep it down. How was she not angered by this? "We were here before Violet," she reminded the host.

Stuck up, the host looked down at us, "I'm sorry, are you part of the Delaney family?"

Immediately, Olivia squeezed my arm, as if warning me to not react. Part of the Delaney family? No but I bet if I called Violet's parents, they'd arrange for us to get a table. However, I was not going to call them. I was not going to start acting like one of those preppy kids.

"Um, is our table ready?" Having her way, Violet grinned.

Olivia did not want me to make a scene but this was out of line.

"If you're going to make an exception with Violet, then it's only fair that you do the same with us!" I raised my voice. Embarrassed, Olivia hid behind me, hiding her face.

Entertained, Violet laughed in the background. "Sometimes she forgets that she's not at the circus anymore and continues to make a show!"

"Lower your voice!" The host muttered through her teeth. I shook my head no. "You're starting to disturb the other gusts!"

"Then give us a table!" I stood my ground.

Violet continued to laugh her ass off.

In distress, the host offered, "The table for Violet sits four guests. If she agrees, the four of you can share it!"