Part 28- Breakups!

Start from the beginning

Ishqi ignored their remarks and continued telling their story, "Phir jaab humein ek dusre ke liye feelings realize honi shuru hui toh our parents had already announced our engagements with you two. We tried our best to deny and end those feelings but it was of no use. Fast forward to the engagements, we had to go through with them...Hum chah ke bhi unko rok nahi sakte the but that night we promised ourselves ke we'll let you guys know the next day"

Ahaan: We're really sorry for what we unintentionally did to you guys, we never intended to hurt you..

Rahul: BUT YOU DID!

Ishqi: Rahul, please thoda toh corporate karo, she requested-

Rahul: Yeh koi test nahi hai Ishqi! Tum dono ke iss ek faisle se kitna kuch barbaad hojaiga! Do you guys even have any idea!

Rhea: YES! Aur Ahaan, tumhare liye toh family saab se zyada important hai na...aur unhone mujhe pick kiya hai tumhare liye!

Ahaan: Hmm, but Ishqi ke meri life mein aane ki baad mujhe realize hua ke pyaar kitna important hota hai...Aur rahi baat meri family ki toh woh saab log Ishqi ko bohot zyada pasand karte hai..

Ishqi: We're really sorry Rhea and Rahul...but you guys deserve better than a life partner  who can never love you...

Rahul: But Ishqi, mein tumse bohot pyaar karta houn....aur abhi se nahi, for the last 6 years I've been in love with you..tum mere saath aisa kaise kar sakti ho!? Tum dono itne selfish kaise ho sakte ho?!

Ishqi: Rahul, I understand but I'm sorry, mein tumse pyaar nahi karti aur jahan pyaar nahi hota wahan dou insaan kabhi bhi khush nahi reh sakte..and besides agar mein iss shaadi ke saath continue karti toh aur galat hota...its better to end things sooner than later.

Rhea: BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS?! You guys are basically rejecting us while we're engaged to you?!

Ahaan: No Rhea, we're politely trying to tell you guys that our engagements with you are over! Ahaan pulled the ring Rhea had made him wear out of his pocket and handed it to her. "Sorry Rhea"

Rhea sat there is disbelief, dumbstruck as to what what happening, what she'd thought to be a date turned out to be a "polite" breakup session. Rahul stared at Ishqi hoping she wouldn't do what Ahaan just did but Ishqi did. She returned Rahul the ring he'd made her worn, symbolizing that they were done!

Rahul: Ishqi, I can't believe this is you! I know you and I know this is not you! Yaad hai jaab tumne Aryan se breakup kiya tha...How subtle and nicely you did it! You freakin' apologized to him for ending it, knowing he was a freak! And now you are ending our relationship before it had even started properly this way!?

Ishqi felt sorry but was fed up with Ahaan and herself explaining themselves over and over again, "Rahul, I know tum hurt ho, tumhe bohot burah lag raha hai but the truth is that I don't love you, you've always been the most amazing friend to me but mein tumse pyaar nahi karti. You know that mein humesha se apni ek love story chahati thi and I've gotten it now...Love is an intense and complicated emotion...aur woh meine sirf AV-Ahaan ke liye feel kiya hai."

Rahul sighed knowing there was no way he could now change Ishqi's mind, she was already too deeply in love with Ahaan. He felt heartbroken because he'd loved Ishqi wholeheartedly, as a friend he felt happy that she'd found someone she loved but as her (ex)fiancé and someone who was in love with her, he felt terrible- But even if there was a minuscule chance of Ishqi being his, he was willing to take it so Rahul plastered a fake smile across his face and said, "F-Fine, As a friend, I'm happy for you Ishqi"-

Ishqi smiled, "Thank-you Rahul and I'm sorry again"

Rahul: Hold on, I'm not finished yet!

Ishqi: Bolo, she said hesitantly-

Rahul: Agar tum dono ki families' na maani toh Ishqi, tumhe mere se shaadi karni pareygi!

Ahaan: NO! Hum dono apni families' ko maane leinge...uss baat ki tension tum mat lo!

Rahul: Dekhte hai! But for now, I'm happy for you guys...

Rhea: Tum itni jaldi kaise mann sakte ho?! I will never!

Ahaan: Rhea?! Honestly tum maano yah na maano, we don't really care...Rahul, thanks for understanding and Rhea, I'm sorry for everything but you've always known that I liked Ishqi! From the Mendhi ceremony, you knew! Rahul probably didn't see it coming but you did!

Rhea: Ahaan! Tum samaj kyun nahi rahe...I really love you and m-

Ahaan: Love me?! Oh please Rhea! Tum aur mein dono jaante hai the real reason you want to get married to me and it's definitely NOT because you love me! Mein apni family ki wajah se chup tha but now I can't continue on with this...

Rhea grunted, Ishqi and Ahaan seemed so firm on their decision that she knew there was nothing she could do within that moment to change their minds. Instead, she thought of discussing this with her mom at the resort because there was no way she was going to get rejected by Ahaan this way.

"Okay fine!" Rhea said, angrily stood up and left from there. Ishqi, Ahaan and Rahul stood up as well, "Well, congrats guys" Rahul said, trying to be happy for his childhood friend but the sadness and hurt was quite visible in his eyes. Ishqi gave him a hug, "thank-you and we're very sorry"- Rahul faintly smiled and went from there leaving behind Ishqi and Ahaan who felt mixed emotions at the moment.

//To Be Continued//

Next: Telling the Families! 

===============================================================================

That's all for today guys!! Hope ya'll enjoyed it ;) { Word Count: 2320 } Next part will be updated soon! 💛

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Pls ignore any mistakes 😚

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸