Love, Carina

Awe. That was so cute! Carina was very sweet but I didn't like her that way. I wish she'd understand that. I don't want to turn her down. Hopefully I wouldn't have to.

More puking was heard.

Ugh, damn Rosemary!

I gathered up what I stole from the nurse's office and went upstairs.

"I think I'm done," Rosemary wiped her mouth.

"Drink this when you're able to," I handed her the pedialyte. I even got her the unflavored one to make it easier on her to drink. To prevent more nausea. Rosemary took a tiny sip. "You need to sleep," I suggested.

Weakly, she stood up from the floor and went to the sink. "I need to go to class," this stubborn bitch.

Rosemary started brushing her teeth.

"You're not going anywhere like this," I prohibited. "You wanted to drink last night, well now deal with the consequences," I lectured.

Making a face, she complained, "Don't yell, it feels like my head is going to explode."

"I know, that's why I brought you pills for it too," I held them out to her when she finished washing her mouth. I groaned, "Grab the pedialyte," I instructed, which she followed. "Come with me," linking arms with her, I helped her down the stairs.

"Whose flowers are those?" Rosemary wondered.

"Mine," I didn't elaborate. Instead, I helped her to her bed. Stubbornly, she shook her head no. "Stop acting dumb," I hissed.

"I can't miss class!" She argued. I rolled my eyes. "You don't get it," she sighed.

I knew how important her education was to her but it would be worse if she went to class feeling sick.

"Sleep in for the first class to gather up energy and then join us after," I compromised. Unconvinced, she shook her head no. "If you go to class now, the teacher will notice that you're hungover. Is that what you want?"

"Obviously no," she mumbled out.

"Then take these pills and sleep it off," I advised. "I know you think I'm stupid and what not but I know what I'm telling you right now."

Reluctantly, she sighed, "But I'm only missing the first class," she stated.

Relieved that she agreed, I smiled, "Give me the pills," I held my hand out. I uncapped the pedialye and gave it to her. "These pills will kick in right away," I explained as I ripped the wrapper.

"It's going to be so hard to swallow them right now," her face scrunched up.

"Yeah but you have to if you want the headache to go away," I handed her the pills. It was two of them. Before taking them, Rosemary took a deep breath. Preparing herself. She motioned for me to give her the cap. She put the pedialye on the nightstand. "Sleep it off now," I motioned for her to lie down. As she got comfortable, I raised the covers up to her.

"I hate this feeling," Rosemary closed her eyes.

"You'll feel better soon," I assured. "I'll try to not make too much noise while I get ready."

"Okay," I could hear it in her voice how weak of energy she was. As I was walking away from her bed, I heard her, "Violet?"

"Yeah?" I turned around right away.

"Thank you for helping me," her eyes were hardly opened as she mumbled out.

Butterflies swamped the pit of my stomach as I tried my hardest to not smile like an idiot.