Book Seventeen: just for the plan

Start from the beginning

   We really created a lot of memories in our time together and I wished it didn't end. But there we were, living in pain and misery. His misery is about to get worse.

   I started dancing on my own while waiting for him, but the idiot never showed up. After dancing for a while, I got bored and went back to our room to see what he was doing. I expected to see him working but he was asleep. He must have thrown himself on the bed to rest for a second and slept off. I picked up his pillow and began beating him with it.

   "What... Lavender? Lavender... Hey, hey, hey," he tried to call me but I kept hitting him. Rominic grabbed the pillow and yanked it forward, forcefully, pulling me along with it. Somehow, the pillow wasn't in the way to stop me from crashing on his body and narrowly escaping kissing him. I tried to jump away instantly, but he had other plans.

   "Rominic, what are you doing?" I hissed, trying to get out of his hold. He gave me a boyish grin that made my heart skip a beat.

God, not this again! Please, please, no.

   "Nic," I drawled warningly, "let go of me," instead of letting go, he tightened his arm around the small of my back and relaxedly folded his other under his head. The slight adjustment made his curls sprawl on his arm and face, completing his innocent boyish look. "Rominic, what's your damage?"

   "You."

   "Me?"

   "Yes, you. Did you really think a guy like that would get me jealous?" I frowned because that's the same question Phineas asked. "He is nothing compared to me. He can't even buy my left shoe and you think I would envy him? Baby, you know I'm a one in a million catch. You're gonna have to try harder if you want to get rid of me." I pulled my lower lip into my mouth. Rylee said the exact thing. They were right, it would take a lot to get Rominic both angry and jealous. No man I knew could pull that off. Ferris could, but he was married and it made no sense. The more he spoke, the more I was convince I made the right decision by going to Rylee and Phineas. I had no idea who they would prepare for me, but I knew whoever wouldn't disappoint me.

   "You know, Laverne," I didn't notice his hand already left my waist. He trailed the back of his index finger from my temple to my chin. It caused shiver to pass through my body from the rekindled sensation. I hadn't felt my skin crawl with pleasure since Rominic. Just crawl in revulsion and fear. "I've missed having your beautiful eyes stare down at me like this..."

   "You wouldn't have missed it if you weren't an ass." Yay! I can still talk.

   "Yes, you are right, you are all right. But I plan to fix that wrong as soon as possible." I squeaked as he suddenly spun us around and my back was pressed against the soft mattress. My heart kicked into overdrive, faster than it had beaten for nine years. Okay, my heart has beaten in different ways but you get my point. If you don't get it, forget it. I will not explain or I would accept what it means.

   "I missed you, Laverne," he ran his finger across my face to my lips and trailed my soft flesh. "Did you miss me, Laverne?" If he keeps calling my name like that, I would swoon. "Did you?" He whispered and I found myself nodding. If I wasn't so dazed, I would have seen his face slowly coming closer. Even though my eyes glanced at his lips, I still didn't notice how close his face was getting. My breath barely came and I was bewildered by how I was till alive. Okay, I confess I knew what he was doing and I knew it was not him just compelling me, it was my stubborn heart. I knew he was getting closer and as much as I wanted to chase him away, I couldn't. My heart had manage to take full control of my brain, nothing else was working and my mind was blanket with lust.

   I took in a deep breath when his lips brushed against mine for a moment. I knew the pause was him asking for permission or rather, just waiting for me to snap, but when I didn't, he brushed his lips on mine again. My heart was hitting my chest so hard it was painful to bear but I knew it would be more painful if I stopped him. Seeing as I was not stopping him, he leaned down completely and covered my lips with his. I don't know why I was surprise when I expected it, but my body stilled for a few seconds.