𝟏: 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

- Introduction -

You, Y/N L/N were a cop working at the RPD. Life before the outbreak was pretty normal. Your parents were really supporting of you for deciding to join the police department, and really everything was all good. You loved your job, though some of your coworkers could be annoying sometime.

They had this inside joke where every time a new person joins the RPD they would be called the "rookie" of the department. Of course, you were stuck with this nickname for a while. It was quite funny actually, you got along with everybody well. Just the day before the breakout you all were preparing a welcoming party for the soon to be new rookie, Leon.

Now let's get onto the story :)

———————————

The day of the outbreak.

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock ticking off. You yawned whilst getting out of bed, still being tired. Whilst getting breakfast you saw the time on the clock, it was 6:12.
"Shit! I'm going to be late!" You quickly ate the slice of toast and got changed into your uniform for work.

Swinging the apartment door open, you'd lock your home up and headed for the stairs. You stoped to catch your breath as you stood in front of your car. You would pull your keys out of your pocket and got in to drive off.

 You would pull your keys out of your pocket and got in to drive off

You pulled up at the Racoon City Police Department, ready for work. You got out of your jeep and headed for the front doors. Swinging them open you were greeted by Marvin. "Good morning, Y/N. Great to see you again" he said with a smile. "Good morning to you too, Marvin." You returned the smile and headed off to the west office to begin work.

"Hey there, rookie!" A familiar voice would say. It was your friend, mark. He has served for the police for a good few years now and in your first day you both immediately hit it off and became good friends. "Guess who's not going to be a rookie no more!" You said laughing. "Shit, I forgot the new rookie is starting today." You both laughed for a second.

"Aye' you better start remembering to stop calling me that soon." "I'll try to!" He shouted from across the other side of the room. You got to your desk and began work

———————————

It was just soon about to hit the evening in a few hours, that meaning your shift was going to end soon. Sighing with relief, you heard a lot of commotion coming from behind you. Standing up you decide to take a look of what's going on. "Woah, woah, woah. Why is everyone standing there?" You'd ask. "Listen to the fucking radio dude, it's some Sci-Fi shit."