Chapter 36: A Tournament's End

Start from the beginning

17: Wanna bet?!

17 put the blast to Jiren's back and it exploded

Frieza: I DIDN'T ASK FOR HELP!

17 was flung backwards and as the smoke faded, Jiren fell to his knees

Y/N: *weakly* T-they're awesome.. that's for sure..

Frieza: Not too shabby, android. You didn't just slow him down, you brought him to his knees.

17: It was a risk I had to take. I knew if I failed, you'd be there to do the rest.

Frieza: I earned the trust of a robot. How'd I get so lucky?

Frieza walked up to Jiren, finger pointed at his head. Jiren didn't even look at Frieza

Frieza: You no longer have the nerve to look at me, do you? What a shame. I would have enjoyed watching the expression on your face as I deliver this final blow.

Top stood up in the stands

Top: WHAT ARE YOU DOING, JIREN!? KNEELING DOWN AT YOUR ENEMY'S FEET?! IS THIS HONESTLY THE WAY YOU WANT YOUR FIGHT TO END?! GET UP, COME ON!

Frieza: What an obnoxiously loud friend you have.

Jiren: no... I don't have friends.

Top: WHY WOULD YOU SPEND ALL THOSE YEARS HONING YOUR STRENGTH, REJECTING EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE, JUST TO SURRENDER?! FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR OWN PRIDE, KEEP FIGHTING TO THE END! EVEN IF YOU NO LONGER BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN ABSOLUTE POWER, I HAVE NOT LOST FAITH! *deep breath* Jiren.. You are the strongest... NOBODY IS STRONGER THAN YOU! NOTHING COULD MAKE ME DOUBT THAT!

Frieza: SILENCE, LORAX! 

Frieza sighed

Frieza: I really am going to wretch...

Jiren: THAT'S ENOUGH!

Jiren powered back up, powered by Top's words. He raised his hand high

17: FRIEZA, MOVE!

Jiren chopped at Frieza, causing a massive explosion to form. Frieza stood alongside 17 as the two fought to hold the blast back

17: KEEP PUSHING!

Frieza: DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Frieza lost his golden glow as the two struggled to hold back the blast. Y/N, not too far away, tried his absolute best to stand, but could only scream in pain

Jiren: AWAY WITH YOU, PETULANT VERMIN! AWAY!

Both 17 and Frieza lost their balance, but a sudden blast pushed Jiren's back a bit

Y/N: Sorry about that, you guys... I didn't mean to leave you like that, but I got this.

17: HOW THE HELL ARE YOU STANDING?!

Y/N: I could ask you the same thing, 17. I and Frieza can take the lead now. You can back us up, 17, okay?

Frieza: Hmph, I don't need to share the limelight you with, monke.

Y/N: No, Frieza! We've all pushed ourselves as far as we can go on our own, you know that. The three of us need to do this together to get this done. OR OUR UNIVERSE IS DOOMED!

Jiren: So, Y/N. Once again you've returned. AND ONCE AGAIN YOU'LL FALL!

Jiren focused his energy even more

Y/N: He finally did it.. He's out of his own head.. Jiren truly is amazing.. He's gotten this strength on his own. We still may not be enough for him, even with all three of us. BUT WE WON'T GIVE UP YET!