Maggie's girlfriend part 10

Kara was on the balcony of the DEO when J'onn went and stood next to her. Kara had her eyes closed.

J'onn looked a Kara questioningly. "What are you doing?"

"I'm listening for her." Kara opened her eyes and sighed. "But I can't hear anything. I can do all these incredible things, but I can't punch my way out of this or fly fast enough and turn back time...and now I'm afraid I'm going to lose one of the people that is the most important to me."

J'onn looked at Kara. "To us Kara."

Alex walked up behind Kara. "Maggie was right."

Kara sighed. "I know she was, I shouldn't have rushed in. I made things worse. I..."

J'onn cut Kara off. "Maggie was upset and she was frustrated and she lashed out at the both of you. You only did what you thought was best to protect your little sister. No one can blame you for that."

Kara looked as though she was going to cry. "We're scared."

J'onn pulled Alex and Kara into a hug.

Maggie walked back into the interrogation room and sat opposite Rick. "Under two hours. The clock is ticking fast."

Maggie tilted her head. "I know. And if it ticks down completely, we both lose. And I don't think you want to lose."

Rick smiled. "Neither do you. I was wrong about Kara and Alex. They are both too much of a Girl Scout to do what I needed them to do. I misjudged her. But I may have discounted you. You're a cop. You can just walk into that prison and break my father free, if you want to. You care for her. I've seen that."

Maggie scoffed. "Stalking us."

Rick nodded. "The way you look at her. The way your hand touches her hand when you're walking down the street. Love can make people do things that they don't normally do. So, please, help us bring back the people we love."