3| Marcus's Offer

Depuis le début

"We are having an engagement party this Friday night. I know you have school but I want you to be there." Farrah said sincerely. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled before ending the call.

I looked at the time on my phone. My next class starts in about an hour. I got out of bed so I could begin getting ready.

I took a well-needed long shower. I stunk from all the sweating I did when I finally broke my fever. I stood in my usual spot in front of my bathroom mirror to get ready. I brushed out my hair and pulled it back into a low bun.

"Dana do you have eyeliner?" I shouted as I began to do my makeup.

Dana walked in moments later into my bathroom. She handed me her eyeliner and I began applying my eye makeup. I didn't have time to do a full face but I had to do something. You will never catch me out without some sort of makeup on my face.

I'm constantly told I don't need makeup but as much of a cliche as it sounds, I don't wear make-up for others. I wear it for myself. I thoroughly enjoy doing my face every morning. I actually look forward to it sometimes. To me, there is no better feeling than perfecting a wing liner and eyelash combo.

"Sunny those lashes better not be from that company that tests on animals," Dana said with a disapproving look on her face.

They were.

I said nothing and carefully applied glue onto the lashes. I paid a lot of money for these lashes. I will just have to wear them until they wither into nothing.

Dana took my silence as an answer and shot me a dirty look.

Dana is a raw vegan through and through. Her lifestyle is not a lifestyle I care to have myself. She doesn't necessarily push her veganism on me but there are just some things she's very passionate about.

It got annoying to see Dana just glaring at me from my peripheral vision. Something about her mood was rubbing me the wrong way.

"What's up with you?" I said more aggressively than I intended to.

"Nothing." She said folding her arms over her small chest. "You are acting weird," I stated before grabbing my tube of lipgloss and applying it to my lips.

Dana stared at the ground for a few seconds. It's like her mind was somewhere else. She was acting bizarre. More bizarre than usual. I know she will tell me eventually about what's going on. It was obvious she was having some type of internal battle with herself.

"I'm fine. I think I may be catching whatever you had." Dana said leaning against the wall.

"Oh." I gave a tight smile. "I'm going to go for a walk. I'll talk to you later." Dana said before turning her back to me and quickly walking away.

Something was up with Dana. As much as I wanted to talk to her I decided to let it go and I continued doing my makeup in silence. I didn't mean to snap at her the way I did.

As much as I tried to shake it off, I was still rattled from that text message from Jared.

When I finally finished my makeup, I slipped into a burgundy-colored dress that snugged around my body and my favorite cream-colored scrappy heels.

I grabbed my purse and walked out of the apartment in a bit of a rush. I live about five minutes away from my campus but I prefer to always be the first in class.

I got in the preowned black BMW my parents gifted me when I graduated high school. It's been beginning to give me a lot of problems and the maintenance cost is a bitch but it's my baby and I will never give up on her. I am fully prepared to drive around with her until the wheels fall off.