Chapter 34 : Crossroads

Hyunsuk's POV :

Spell DOOMED, yes me, Choi Hyunsuk is doomed. After I left Daegu 5 months ago, leaving the love of my life on the verge of breaking down because of my own doing. I met Ryujin in front of YG and JYP bosses revealing our dilemma. Ryujin said she was 1 month delayed in her period and when they went to their family friend who's an OB, said she's running 2 months on the way. If I may calculate it well, it was during those times when Japan members came back and we were back in the dorm. I spent most free time in Ryujin's place. Avoiding hanging out with my other members during free time was my excuse, especially Jihoon and Junkyu. Jihoon, for I'm trying to keep myself from falling into the fire pit of heart break again, and Junkyu for my guilt feeling from keeping Hangyeom's condition to him.

The meeting was so intense, since JYP was spitting fire, in anger with us. ITZY was promoting their come back that time and the group's schedule of activities was jammed pack. You know JYP very well, if possible all shows in all network, he would make sure his active artists will appear. With Ryujin's condition, that could change.

YG then suggested to continue the promotion, but Ryujin will more likely to minimize strenuous activities to prevent accidents. JYP surprisingly agreed and bring forth the solo plans forward. Since Ryujin had hers last year, it was timely for the hiatus plan to focus more on the other members' solo.

Everything seemed to have ironed out well so far. Our parents met privately together with the 2 CEO's and luckily no negative reactions from both parties. The only problem is, my parents were more ecstatic with the news. Though Ryujin's was a little skeptical at first, but my mom was really good in negotiation and persuasion, as per business experience, that both parents were already on the topic of weddings and baby showers.

My head ached all of a sudden thinking back 5 months ago. I left the dorm after New Year to Stayed with Ryujin for the baby. We stayed at my parents house for safety and privacy purposes. It would then easy for me to travel back and forth to YG without being suspicious.

I never had the chance to speak privately with Jihoon. Aside from his good ninja skills in avoiding me. I was also occupied with the pregnancy. Good thing Doyoung's parents helped a lot in providing us medical home care avoiding exposure to be seen in hospitals.

My mind is so messed up now. It's about to explode and my hands are tied. Meeting Jihoon is impossible for now since we are at a break before moving on to our last album before the D-day.

As much as I want to fight for him, I couldn't stomach the thought of abandoning my child. I love kids, so much. That when I heard the very first sound of the baby's heart beat during our first pre- natal ultrasound check after the announcement, my heart jumped with joy and something new that I couldn't pinpoint. A feeling of pride? Or is it what they called father instinct?

Fuck! I'm going crazy right now. My heart ached when I think of Ji but my heart leaped thinking of the coming birth of my son. Yes, we already had the baby's gender, it's a boy. And I couldn't be prouder. My Dad was beyond happy knowing he already have the heir he wished for. See? I'm now forgotten.

Choi Hyunjin. That's my baby's name. Ryujin and I convinced our parents both that we decided not to get married. We both know, we still have dreams unfulfilled and I can't tie her up in a marriage where my heart isn't on the right track. She knew, though she didn't know the person, that my heart was with someone else.

Since both of us started the relationship with the wrong reasons, she, desperate for Hyojin's attention, and I for Jihoon's constant rejection. Marriage will become a burden if both of us have unsettled baggage.

Now, I'm here in front of the operating room waiting for my son to be born. As much as we wanted to keep Ryujin's pregnancy, my son is so hard headed that he moved a lot inside her mom's tummy that he's now having a nuchal cord. His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck. Normal delivery would be risky that's why Ryujin was rushed here in the hospital for a cesarean operation.