Chapter 28: This is My Now

A week before the accident:

Hyunsuk's POV:

Hangyeom texted me at 3 AM. Informing me that he brought Kyu home already. So decided to call him.

Me:

Hyung.... how was he?

Hangyeom:

He's asleep now. He's ok for now., I guess.

Me:

Hyung, there's something I wanted to tell you. I think you really need to know everything. I don't think I can do it alone. Besides this one needs your decision too.

I told him everything about the blackmail threat of Hyojin hyung. Although I also doubted if he could really do harm but, there's nothing wrong with being careful. Besides who would know better Hyojin hyung than him.

After relating to him all the incidences and encounters I had have with Hyojin since the party til now, he became silent. I was worried thinking he hanged up on me. Especially when I included me and Ryujin's affair.

Hwangyeom:

Hyunsuka, I think you need to ask help from YG Sasangnim. He needed to know in case something will happen. I can't guarantee Junkyu's safety if I'm other reason of Hyojin's threat.

I also feel he's behaving weirdly these past few days. If I have to protect Kyu, I need to leave him. Besides I'm going to enlist this January 2. I only have a few weeks left. So, I guess this is a blessing in disguise. Kyu doesn't know yet, I was planning to tell him last night's dinner plans that we supposed to have after your meeting, but since things happened I wasn't able to bring it forward. Thanks for telling me now. I'll write to him before i leave here.

Can you call Jihoon to check on him later? I don't think I can leave if he's awake.

Hyunsuka..... I know yo will take good care of him and Jihoon and the whole group too, so I'm not worried when I leave. But, in case he will move on from me within 2 years, can you please just send me a message? You don't have to keep him from his true happiness, whoever that may be. Can you promise me, hm?

I literally teared up hearing him. I never doubted his intentions as I have known him to be a good hyung since before. If only Kyu had totally moved on, I would definitely push the two together. It's just unfortunate to see them constantly being challenged by their past. So I guess the 2-year timeline doesn't only apply to our contract, but also Kyu's healing and their relationship's test of time.

After hanging up with hyung, I was about to go back inside my room when I found Ruto watching me.

"Gapjagi! You scared me. How long were you eavesdropping?" I saw his face realizing he heard my conversation with Hangyeom hyung.