Chapter 24: Like We Used To

Hyunsuk's POV:

           Going back outside to check the others after that brewing kdrama between Harukyu, I noticed Junkyu left and Mashi tried to follow him but was too late. He went home probably by taxi according to Mashi. I looked at Jihoon who was also coming back to the group with Ruto following him.

        "Where's Junkyu?" Jihoon worriedly asked the Koala's whereabout.

       "He took a cab hyung, when I reached the lobby, he took off already'". Mashi answered in behalf of me, since I have no clue Junkyu left the building, thinking he was just with the maknaes after he went out from the room.

      "Bwoh!? He can't be alone at this time!" Jihoon exclaimed with a hint of panic on his voice.

      "Jihoon, maybe he just went home to hyung. Just give him time. He probably needed Hyung's company after the confrontation." Ouch! I forgot Ruto was just beside me. The moment  I took a look at his reaction of my slip talk, I caught him winced, and looked down on his now crumpled fist.

       "I swear Hyunsuk hyung, if Junkyu wasn't with Hangyeom hyung now, I will hold you responsible for him!"  'What the fuck is wrong with him? ' Junkyu was not some kid who will get lost outside, he's a full grown man who knows where he is going.'   

        "Fine! to make sure  you calm your tits, Ruto and I will drop by his house before we go to my place."   I volunteered to let Ruto stay with me while waiting for the trip and the furnishing of our dorms. I know the others were still a little off towards him because of the cheating incident. Besides, I need to talk to him personally about something important in private.

       "Ok, let's get this done and over with so we can go home and let these boys rest. To make this fair, let's draw lots the dorm numbers for the living arrangements first. Then let's try negotiating if there's a need to swap or whatsoever.  But please, if possible let's live peacefully and harmoniously. At least we could catch up more now that we are back in the dorm."  I just hope this will succeed and won't create problem.

     We wrote 4 dorm numbers in 3 papers each, so we can have 3 members getting the same dorm number.  After picking our respective number, we group ourselves according to the number we pick. The only unpick number will be Junkyu's so whichever group lacks 1 member means Kyu will be with them.

       Inspecting closely the groupings,  For Dorm 1:  Jihoon, Mashi, Yedam.    For Dorm 2: Jaehyuk, Haruto and Yoshi.  For Dorm 3:Junghwan, Dobby and Jeongwoo.  Dorm 4:  Me, Asahi and Junkyu.  As expected Asahi asked to swap with someone from Dorm 2 so he and Jae can be together. When Yoshi was about to volunteer,  Haruto immediately stood up and swap himself with Asahi. Jihoon was about to protest again but I decided to interfere.

        "It's good that Ruto and I will be in the same dorm, since he's staying with me for now, so it will be easier for us to plan for our furniture shopping online." I know it was a lame excuse of an alibi but at least nobody contested. As I have noticed too, the pairings in each dorm fits the arrangement so far. 

       "So we will agree to some house rules, now that most of us have their own social lives outside, unlike before during pandemic, we didn't have a choice but to stick together most of the time. We are all of age now so we couldn't avoid bringing in some guests during our free time. It's not that it's prohibited, but just a little consideration to your housemates too. Especially the 2 years that we have will be full packed, our dorms will be our resting place during break. If you wish to spend nights outside, just keep your dormmates posted so we would know where and who will be look for in case the company calls. But according to Sasangnim, he planned this arrangment to make us available all the time, no delay and no distraction."