The lovers of the moon: The origin

Everyone knew the story about the two star-crossed lovers of the moon. But no one knew the origin of their story. No one knew where the man came from or where the woman had come from, or when and where the two first crossed paths. This is the origin story of a woman called, "Manwol", and a man whose name means a" brilliant star", Chanseong.

Long long ago, there was a little girl, whose life was coming to an end. She was dying in the woods, alongside her mother and father who was long gone. The little girl was on the brink of life and death. Just when the deity decided it was about time that the little girl shall meet her parents once more, a little boy and his father passed along in the woods. The little boy caught sight of the dying girl and tend to her. The father, however, seemed to be more focused on the possessions that the little girl's parents had left behind. The little boy tend to the girl's wound, wrapped his own scarf around her head, and helped her up her feet again. Once she was recovered, she thanked the little boy, and they found themselves sitting next to each other. The little boy asked where she was from. She didn't respond. The little boy tried again; this time asking for her name. She looked at him for a long time before reaching out and grabbing his hand. He opened his palm and there she traced a circle, and a slash across it. She told him that her name was "Manwol". The little boy then told her that her name was pretty. And that was their first and last encounter. The little boy and his father moved on about their lives, and the little girl was brought in by a single mother and her son.

The little boy and the little girl didn't meet again until thousands of years later, but their first meeting would imprint deeply into their hearts for many years to come.