𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓

ATHENA RUSHED into the Dunphy house after getting an urgent text from Haley to get over there. Athena had never broken so many driving laws before then.

"What is it?" Athena panted as she ran into Haley. "What's wrong?"

"We walked in on our parents..." Haley trailed off and lowered her voice to a whisper. "having sex."

"That's it?" Athena asked. "I mean, thats gross but I rushed all the way here for that? I thought someone was dead!"

"Oh, no. We're just severely traumatised, Thea!"

Haley grabbed her hand and dragged her into the living room where Alex and Luke sat, scarred for life.

"Why are they still up there?" Haley asked as she walked into the room.

"Yeah. How long does sex take?" Luke asked.

"Oh, my god. Stop talking," Alex told him.

"Did you notice that Dad had the same look on his face as when he smells a new car?"

"I need to leave. I need to go to camp."

"This is gonna be so weird when they come down." Haley paced the room while Athena just stood leaning against the counter with her arms crossed, not quite sure what to do. "Let's just go. Okay? Come on."

"Wait. But I'm hungry," Luke said.

"We'll get breakfast," Athena told him as she ushered him out the door.

"Where are you going?" Jay asked when Haley opened the door to reveal Gloria and him on the other side.

"Anywhere," Alex responded.

"Where is your mother?" Gloria asked.

"You don't wanna know," Athena snorted.

"Well, I need to talk to her."

"I don't think it's a good time right now," Haley told her. "She won't come out of her room."

"She's really upset, isn't she?"

"Big time."

"How'd you know?" Alex asked.

"We called," Jay told them.

"Tell me exactly what she said," Gloria told them.

"I don't know. There was just a lot of screaming," Luke spoke up.

"I'm never looking at your parents the same," Athena whispered in Haley's ear.

"Where was your father when all of this was going down?" Jay asked.

"Oh. He was right behind her."

"Oh, my god," Athena groaned, Alex and her rushing out the front door, the other two following.

Luke played with the lighter in his hand while they all sat on a bench outside of a gas station. Haley was subtly leaning into Athena's body as she sipped on the coffee cup in her hand.

"Good thing we had Mom's gas card," Luke said.

"Don't make me regret buying you that lighter, dude. Put it down."

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it. Our parents are totally irresponsible. And I'm not talking about us walking in on their freak show earlier," Alex said.

"Just let it go," Athena sighed, taking Haley's cup and taking a sip.

"No! We're lucky to be alive. How often do they let Luke go to school in shorts in the winter? And they let me ride in the front seat before I was 60 pounds. And they never shut the gate at the top of the stairs when we were babies." Alex turned her head to Luke. "Do you know how many times you fell on your head? Do you?"

"No."

"We get it. It was bad," Haley said. "But, you know, I guess it's better than having parents that fight all the time ... maybe."

"My friend Jacobs parents are getting divorced. He has to move out of his house," Luke said. "They told him last week."

"That sucks."

"He'll get used to it," Haley said. "Half of Thea and I's friends parents are divorced."

"Mine too."

"It's a lot more common then you think," Athena shrugged.

"So it's a good thing Mom and Dad still do sex?" Luke asked.

"It's better than Mom forgetting to turn the stove off, which she's done twice this month."

"I just realized we haven't even gotten to the worst part yet," Haley told them.

"Which is?"

"They're gonna wanna talk about it."

"Maybe not."

"They're defintely gonna wanna talk about it, buddy," Athena told him. "Their parents never talked about anything so they're gonna try and talk about everything."

"Yeah. They called a family meeting when we switched to one percent milk."

Athena ended up waiting in Haley's room while their parents talked to all of them about what happend. While waiting, she fell asleep on Haley's bed -- the result of waking up to rush to help Haley that morning.

Haley smiled as she walked in and saw Athena fast asleep. She crawled into bed and laid her head on Athenas chest. She fell asleep to her girlfriends heartbeat, a smile permantly etched onto her face.

trying to not skip too many episodes but damn it's hard. anyways back from a little mental health break! enjoy <3