𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐄𝐍

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Was what Jay heard while sitting at the airport gate with Gloria. The two of them were off to Hawaii for a week. He wasn't expecting to see his entire family there as well.

"Surprise, Dad," Claire said.

"The whole family's coming with us!" Gloria announced. Athena couldn't be happier to be there. She's always wanted to go to Hawaii and she also knew it would be the perfect spot to reveal something big to Haley...

"They are?"

"Yes, and Mitch and Cameron and Lily too."

"Yeah, and Phil -- he's just checking the bags now," Claire told her father.

"Wow. Thats, uh -- wow," was all Jay could say. He was hoping for a romantic getaway with his wife but instead it had turned into a family vacation.

"It was all Glorias idea. She bought all our tickets and everything."

"Really? Everyones?"

"Yes. It's your birthday. I didn't spare any expense."

"Oh, gee! Thank you, honey. Are they, uh, all gonna be up in first class with us?"

"Ay , no, silly. Coach. Do you think I'm made of money?" Gloria told him.

"Of course not."

"Hey, check out that cute guy," Haley told Alex. Athena looked over as well.

"He's out of you league. He's reading a book," Alex pointed out.

"I know."

"Haley, you have a boyfriend," Athena said, rolling her eyes.

Haley, Athena, and Alex were now stalking cute book boy. Personally, Athena didn't get it but to each their own.

"See? He's perfect," Haley said. "Look at him getting coffee and now putting chocolate in it. He's so mature."

"What about Dylan?" Alex asked.

"Dylan's no that guy."

Athena let out a scoff. Haley looked over at her with furrowed brows.

"What's up with you? You've been acting like this since this morning," Haley asked.

"Nothing."

"Seriously, what's going on?"

"Nothing! God, Haley!" Athena said, rolling her eyes and walking away. Haley couldn't help but feel a little hurt. She was so confused on why Athena was suddenly acting this way. But if she had been paying attention over the past few months she would've noticed Thea's been acting this way since the sleepover at Jay's house.

"Look at him. He's sketching," Haley said, still stalking the guy. "He's like Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic. I bet he goes to art school."

Athena, now sitting farther away, rolled her eyes once again that day. She just felt so jealous. She wanted Haley to think about her the way she thinks about this random boy in an airport.

"Do you think he's sketching us?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. 'Us'." The boy looked up and smiled at her. "And contact." Suddenly her phone started ringing. "Ugh! It's Dylan. 'I'm trapped.'. Yeah, yeah, yeah. What a drama queen."

Athena let out a loud laugh that turned heads when Alex told her Haley was crushing on a 14-year-old.

"Hey," Athena smiled when she walked up to Haley. "I'm sorry about being a dick earlier. Just stressed. I hate flying." She was lying. That wasn't it and Haley knew it but she kept quiet.

"Its okay," Haley told her. "Can we still sit together on the flight?"

"Definitely."

hehe. you know how i hate slowburn? yeah its gonna be the same for this book. just wait till the end of the next chapter... also no smiley face in these past few chapters cause i'm too lazy.