𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍

"This was a mistake. I'm sorry," Athena said, more tears falling as she looked at Haley's face. She grabbed her bag and made her way to the hotel room door but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"Wait," Haley said, her hand still holding tight to Athena's wrist. "I love you. I always have. I'm sorry I didn't let it show more often but every time I'm just around you, i get, like, a million butterflies. I genuinely thought I liked Dylan, and for a while I did, but recently I just couldn't get you out of my head. I really do love you and I want you. I'll break up with Dylan, I swear, just...let us make this work." Haley's face was now stained with tear streaks but she didn't care, she only cared about stopping the girl she loved from leaving too quickly.

Athena walked forward, placing her hands of either side of Haley's face. She could feel Haley's breath fanning over her face as her eyes flickered down to Athena's lips.

"Can I kiss you?" Athena whispered. Haley nodded and Athena pushed forward, her lips brushing against Haley's. She thought nothing would ever compare to this moment. Haley's hands snaked up around Athena's neck as Thea's slowly moved down to her waist.

Moments later, they broke apart, both panting and blushing like maniacs.

𝐍𝐎𝐖

Haley had kept her promise and broke up with Dylan and her and Athena were now finally trying out a relationship. Neither of their families knew cause they were still trying to figure it out themselves so they were waiting before involving anyone but them in their relationship.

When Athena pulled into the Dunphy driveway, she saw they cleaning out their old station wagon.

"What are you guys up to?" She asked, walking up to Haley, her hand discreetly brushing the small of Haley's back.

"Selling the station wagon," Claire responded simply.

"Hey, Mom, when was this from?" Luke asked, holding up a photo.

"Oh, that's the year your dad and I went to the Rose Bowl."

"Incredible game," Phil added.

"Mom, you look really pretty," Luke said.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Claire smiled.

"So what happened?"

"Well, Lukey, everyone gets older, just cause parts of your mom aren't what they used to be--" Phil said before Athena cut him off.

"Don't say anything more or she's gonna make you sleep on the couch," Athena whispered to him.

"I mean what happened in the game," Luke said.

"We got our butts kicked by Penn State. The parade was awesome though. Angela Lansbury was the grand marshal. Good time, she wrote."

"Okay. Guys, let's get back to it," Claire shouted. "No one's gonna buy this heap looking this way."

"Ew. Mom, which one is the garbage can?" Haley asked, holding up a blanket.

"Um, it -- Honey, you can't throw that away. It's Blankety."

"It's disgusting."

"No, sweetie. You loved Blankety. You wouldn't go anywhere without him," Claire told her daughter.

"That's adorable," Athena smiled at her girlfriend causing Haley to push her lightly.

"Yeah, Until Luke threw up on him," Phil spoke up from where he was cleaning the car.