𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓

"KIDS, BREAKFAST!" Claire Dunphy shouted from her kitchen. "Kids?" She sighed when she got no response and turned to her husband, Phil. "Phil, would you get them?"

"Yeah. Just a sec," Phil said, looking down at his phone.

"Kids!" Claire turned to put a bowl in the fridge just to have it fall onto the floor.

"Kids? Get down here!" Phil finally took over shouting when he noticed his wife's increasing stress.

"Why are you guys yelling at us when we're way upstairs?" Haley Dunphy asked as she walked into the kitchen with her best friend, Athena Gray. "Just text me."

"All right. That's not gonna happen," Claire told her daughter. "And, wow! You're not wearing that outfit."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Honey, so you have anything to say to your daughter about her skirt?" Claire asked Phil.

"Sorry," He said, looking up from his phone. "Oh, yeah. That's looks really cute, sweetheart."

"Thanks."

"No. It's way too short. People know you're a girl. You don't need to prove it to them."

"I'm gonna be honest with you, Claire, she could've done way worse," Athena told her. "Be grateful she's wearing pants at all." Athena got up and followed Haley into the other room.

𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥 & 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞

"I was out of control growing up," Claire said to the cameras. "There, you know? I said it. I-I just don't want my kids to make the same bad mistakes I made. If Haley never wakes up on a beach in Florida, half-naked, I've done my job."

"Our job," Phil corrected.

"Right. I've done our job."

☺︎

"I'm having a friend over today," Haley told her parents as she and Athena walked up the stairs.

"Who? You already have Athena over," Claire said.

"Uh, you don't know him."

"I made the decision to leave as quickly as I can after he gets here," Athena said, her eyes rolling. She hated Dylan. She was feeling particularly protective over Haley dating a senior.

"Him? Him?"

"Ooh, a boy. You gonna kiss him?" Luke, the youngest Dunphy, teased.

"Shut up," Haley told her brother.

"Easy. Easy," Phil said, trying to tame his children.

"Luke, Alex, why don't you take it outside, okay?" Claire told the youngest siblings when Alex joined in the bickering.

"And do what?" Alex asked.

"Fight in the sun. It'll be a nice change," Phil said.

"Who's the boy?" Claire asked Haley.

"His name is Dylan," Haley said. "I might as well tell him not to come because you guys are just going to embarrass me again."

"Sweetie, hang on a second. You're 15, and it's the first time you've had a boy over. I mean, I'm bound to be a little surprised, but I'm not gonna embarrass you."