When I finally reached the altar, Aaron smiled at me and took my hand. He looked so handsome in his black tuxedo. How did I manage to make him fall for me is beyond me. He is just so charming. He could have got any girl he wanted. But, he wanted me and only me. His smiles, his laughter and his romance is all reserved just for me. How did I get so lucky?

We took our vows and I know he meant every word of it as much as I did. The moment he said "I do." , my heart skipped a beat. As for me, I think I said "I do." even before the priest completed the sentence. When the priest said that we could kiss, I was nervous again. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head in that one second. It is not like it was our first kiss. We had kissed many times before this. But, this was different. Every time we kissed so far it had made me feel different things. There had been the passionate ones, the loving ones, the angry ones, the small pecks, the needy ones, the demanding ones and even the longing ones. But, how will this one be? I will remember it for my whole life after all this will be our first kiss as husband and wife.

Then, Aaron bend down to touch his lips with mine. As our lips moved in sync, I was loosing myself in it. The fire in my gut rose again. It was neither a demanding kiss nor a soft kiss. It was neither too passionate nor too bland. I couldn't quite describe how it felt. It was different. It was a hungry kiss. But not 'I-can't-wait-to-ravish-you' hungry. He was kissing me like it will be the last time he will do it. Like there is no tomorrow to this. Funny, maybe he is nervous about this too just like me. Before I could think more into it, we heard the crowd erupting into cheers and we broke apart. I was pretty sure my face was beetroot shade right now. Yeah, I am the shy one.

By the time the reception party started, it was already evening. There were fairy lights hanging from the barks of the trees. The place was glowing. Everyone was smiling and laughing. The guests were dancing to the music. Aaron and I had our first dance. I couldn't stop smiling. Aaron was looking at me with an unreadable expression. For some reason, he can always read my thoughts but I can never read his. I had told him this so many times while we were dating. I can never guess what is going on in his head by just looking at his face. Maybe I don't have that talent.

Nevertheless, I had noticed something was off. After our kiss at the altar, something changed in Aaron's demeanor. His smiles seemed to be forced and it looked like he was restless. He was mingling with our family and friends and also laughing at some jokes but was barely looking at me. Even during our dance he looked into the space. It almost seems like he is avoiding me. Did I do something? I think I should talk to him.

So, as soon as we sat in our car, I decide to talk to him. I tried to hold his hand but he pulled back and looked outside the window. I was sure now that something isn't right.

"Aaron, is everything okay?"

"We will talk once we reach the penthouse", he said with finality in his voice.

I wanted to ask more but then decided against it. Firstly, I didn't want to talk in front of the driver and secondly, I didn't want to sound like a nagging wife. He did say we will talk at home right? It is just a few minutes.

Soon we reached the penthouse. I blushed as I thought about what was going to happen. I mean yes we had a year long relationship but we never had sex. I always wanted to do it after marriage and Aaron respected that. When we walked to say I was surprised would be an understatement. It was so beautifully decorated. It was dark but there were rose petals and candles everywhere. The smell was intoxicating. I can't believe he did this for me. I mean it is our wedding night, yes and Aaron is caring and thoughtful but cheesy romance is not his cup of tea.