A Fraction Too Late

Start from the beginning

Jimin coughed. He tried to think quickly.

"I was stabbed. I don't know exactly where I am, but it's somewhere near the new mall-" he gasped- "Please save me, I'm going to die here." He gasped again after he finished his sentence. He was so damn tired. He couldn't talk anymore.

"What kind of place are you in? Can you describe it for me?"

"Back... la-"

"Back lane, okay, thank you. Don't worry... an emergency services team has been dispatched for you. Don't you worry. Stay calm. I'm here. Can you tell me your name?"

"Jimin."

"Okay, Jimin, just stay calm. Help is coming... Jimin? Jimin, can you say something?... Jimin? Jimin are you there?"

The phone was in front of him. Jimin didn't have the energy to reply anymore. He closed his eyes. Sleeping sounded so nice. It felt so nice as well.

He drifted off.

------

Jimin was seen a mere fifteen minutes later. The ambulance rushed over to him. He was turned onto his side so his wound would be visible. One paramedic wrapped a bandage around his chest so there wouldn't be so much bleeding. The bleeding had slowed down a lot, but blood was still coming out.

Jimin had passed out a while ago. His blood pressure was checked. It was severely low. He had already lost a good deal of blood. With a clip, his oxygen saturation was checked. 87%. The clip stayed on his finger. There was no dilly-dallying now. Jimin was lifted onto a stretcher. His legs dangled off the end until he was adjusted properly. A mask was put onto his face. An IV was made into his arm. Fluids, fluids, they needed fluids... said fluids was hooked up. Jimin's oxygen saturation had dropped one percent.

The stretcher was lifted into the ambulance. Jimin was safe for the time being.

The ambulance sped off to the hospital. Jimin's vital signs were monitored the entire time. His blood pressure kept going down and his pulse was too fast.

Nobody said anything. They held their breath and kept doing their job.

"Does anybody know what happened to him?" somebody asked in a low voice.

"No, not a clue."

------

"Hello, I was told that you were Mr. Park's emergency contact. Is that correct?"

Hoseok frowned into the phone. It was four in the morning. Yes, he probably was Jimin's emergency contact, but how exactly was that important now? He bit back his own thoughts, however, when he saw that Jimin's bed was still unoccupied and he still wasn't home. Hoseok gulped. Something had gone wrong. Oh no.

"Yes, why?"

"There's been an incident," the receptionist drawled. "Your friend was found stabbed in an alleyway. He managed to call for help and get to the hospital. He's currently undergoing emergency surgery."

Hoseok was too stunned to talk for a moment. Jimin? Stabbed? He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He was half-asleep before, but he definitely was wide awake now.

"How-how did this happen?"

"No clue yet. We have let the police know, but as for the time being, nobody knows exactly what happened."

"Oh, okay," Hoseok said. He went through the worst scenarios in his mind. Poor Jimin. He probably was so scared. Oh, Hoseok should've warned him against coming home at night. "When can I visit? Or can I-"

"You can come at eight in the morning to make sure that he's okay, if you want. He won't be awake at that time, but he will be out of surgery."

"Okay." Hoseok nodded, even though she couldn't see him. "I just... thank you, thank you for letting me know."