"Andrea? Ano'ng paano kami? What does Andrea got to do with my arranged marriage?" 

"Mas okay siguro kung sa kaniya mo malalaman." I became confused because of Lucian Isaac's sudden change of tone. Parang playing safe.

Biglang tumawag si Andrea sa isa ko pang phone kaya nag-paalam na rin ako kay Isaac kaagad. Honestly, Andrea was like a sister to me, including Aurora and Nadia whom I've known since elementary. Isaac and Daniel were my main male friends when I entered college. While Chandra... was a different story. I wanted her to be more than just a friend, but no matter how many signals I give her, she never gives in to me. I assumed that she's not interested in love, or maybe she has her eyes set on someone else.

"You're marrying Isabella Alvarez? Who's that?" tanong ni Andrea mula sa kabilang linya.

"I don't know. I don't care too. I can't marry a girl I just met, but it's my lolo's orders. Even my parents want me to do this. I didn't want to be a prince, ayaw ko nito."

"You're a crown prince, Austin. Shouldn't you be happy? Not everyone has the chance to become a prince!" Andrea tried to cheer me up, but it didn't work. I know how to appreciate things, but it's just that, I only want a simple life, not a life that's grand yet full of pressure and expectations I needed to reach so that I would not disappoint anyone.

"It's just privilege, Andrea. Hindi ko kailangan ng kayamanan. And I don't need fame either. Fame and money doesn't last anyways. I'd rather be an ordinary man," I answered, trying to educate her as well. Andrea has always been materialistic, but I couldn't blame her for that because her parents were emotionally not present for her and even failed to appreciate her achievements, and they chose to give her material things to fill in the void. Unlike me, Andrea chose to appreciate the money and privilege she had, instead of complaining.

"So, what's your plan?"

 "I'm... I'm just going to follow what they want. I don't want to see my family sad, even if I have to give up my own happiness for it."

"When are you going to leave Arelle?" she asked.

"Mamaya," I lied. I've actually been here in the Philippines for almost a week, but I didn't tell anyone except Chandra. I wanted to make things sink in first.

***

"Sir, today we're going to your fiancée's home. It's a royal order made by the king," saad ng secretary ng hari na sumama sa akin ngayon. I just gave him a nod and looked at the car's window as we travelled.

I knew I was not marrying a rich heiress, but I did not expect that the woman I'm marrying was living in the residential area which has developed without legal claims to the land and/or permission from the concerned authorities to build, or in short- a squatter's area.

Though I did not feel disgusted or anything, wala namang nakaka-diri sa mga mahirap, I actually envied them because they can live the way they want, though they did not have the privilege to do other things so I pitied them as well.