0

I couldn't breath, no matter how hard I tried to. The last thing I felt before the world turned to black was an excruciating pain. Nails thrusted in my palms and onto wood. I couldn't feel my arms or legs. The starvation in me grew and grew until I closed my eyes and embraced an inevitable abyss. That darkness had a tunnel at the other end and there, I was introduced to a white glow. A glow that loosened the tension in my shoulders and suddenly, I was at peace. I thought I was dead for sure but then I'm thrown into the arms of a man. A man who's not just any man and when I saw his glowing face, I smiled. He did the unthinkable and let go of me and I descended back into the dark hole. And yet, I didn't scream or panic. I was at peace.

My hair is soaked when I woke up. I could finally gasp for air and the tattered clothes on me were drenched in water. I wake up and see a grim sky and then I look down only to see the presence of strangers in suits and coats.

"My god, he's still alive.." A man says with an astonished tone, approaching me closely to my post I was held captive with a girl of light red who simply watched. There was no emotion in her until a small smile seemingly pleasant formed on her face with her hands crossed behind her back.

"Seems so. Let's get him down from there." She ordered and the two men nodded unanimously before stomping over to the cross where I was kept captive.

"I-I don't understand how anyone can be alive after all this time...weren't these people up here for a week?"

"Either he's stubborn or this is just some form of miracle."

"No," The girl's voice intruded. "I think he might be special."

Her golden eyes locked with mines and as much intrigue she had in her eyes, something was telling me she was secretive. There were more emotions running through the mind past what she displayed.

I thought she was the one who'd save me at the end of the day but now that I think of it,

I might've saved her instead.

HIRATO

Hirato's past is uncertain

Hirato's past is uncertain. He has no recollection of having any family and can only recall living in a remote village in the countryside before Makima came over. Now, he works with public safety alongside with her and kills devils for a living. He's described to be quiet at first but he's truly kind and people describe him to have a 'soothing, calm' aura when he speaks or interacts with them. He always tries to find the good in the bad. He also has a curiosity in him and want to be more exposed to new things, films, etc. Makima finds him intriguing but also frustrating all at the same time as even her own rats or "spies" can't figure out his intentions or who he is overall.

Hirato is gifted with an ability to be immune to certain devil attacks. His eyes glow a bright silver and once he makes contact with the enemy, any of their incoming attacks can do no harm to him. He's also proficient as a swordsman and uses different types of blades he has mastered to fight in combat.

Disclaimer: Story is centered on gore and or mature themes and do have spoilers regarding the manga.

This is my short-story project and I hope you guys can find some entertainment in it -Rini