One

Sage gets ready for work. Making oatmeal for her crying daughter. "Lani it's almost done, stop crying love". Sage says taking the oatmeal out the microwave.

Sage doesn't have the American dream she was promised. Infact, she lives in a 1 bedroom apartment. Her daughter has the bedroom. While her bed is in the 'living room'.

She working at Wegmans and has to be there 8am sharp. But Sage strives to be more then being a employee at Wegmans. She wants to be a fashion designer.

And that's what she does online school for. She can't go in-person. Why you ask, because she has to take care of her daughter. By her self.

Marcus, the baby daddy leaves her as soon as he found out she was pregnant. But she learns to cope and show her daughter how to be a independent women.

It's only Sage and Lani. The reason why because her family is catholic. And abandoned her soon as they found out she was pregnant, without being married.

But Sage doesn't let that faze her. She takes that as motivation to keep going.

"Mommy I don't want oatmeal anymore" Lani whines as she pulls on Sages uniform."Well that's what your getting, now go sit down and wait for me." Sage retorted

Lani stomps her way to the dinner table. And plops her self in the booster seat. "Do you want Apple juice or water lala" Sages ask while she pulls out her sippy cup.

"Apple juice pwease"Lani says while tapping the table. Sage gives her the breakfast.  And starts to do her makeup for work"

After Lani is done eating and Sage finishes her makeup. They head out the door. Dropping off Lani at daycare and Sage on her way to the dreadful place called work.

Miguel is rushing to the patients room. And as he steps in. He already sees nurses. He drops his tense shoulders

Another patient dead. It's the 3rd one this month. Miguel is a Surgeon. And he has been for five years.

Miguel has a loving and caring family. That's probably part of the reason he is a multi millionaire. The support system he has is strong.

He just wanted to go home to a loving wife. But all the women he has been with 'didnt feel right' or was only in it for his money.

"He had a stroke sir, I'm sorry. Do you want me to call his family" one of the nurses question. Miguel looks at the pal patient. "Yes, I'm going on lunch break"

He usually goes to Panera for lunch. It's the closest thing to his job. In so he walks up to the cashier. "Hello sir, what would you like today". The girl says behind the register.

She flutters her eyes and says her words smoothly. Clearly trying to flirt. "I would like to have a Caesar salad and a medium black coffee".

The cashier nods " your total is $12.67." He hands her his unlimited credit card.

She intentionally touched his hand as she grabs his card. He ignores, he doesn't have time for girls anymore.

He wants a women. A women that can satisfy his every need. A women that looks good beside him.

In the girl infront of him. Doesn't even graze his qualifications. She's a meer peasant compared to what he looking for.

After lunch he goes back to work. The rest of the day was typical. Go home. Do more work at home. Dinner. Brush teeth, sleep.

Lani eat your food, if not go brush your teeth and get ready fo bed

Lani eat your food, if not go brush your teeth and get ready fo bed." Sage tries to keep her cool.

But after a long day. And she still has to have patience. She tries not to raise her voice at Lani. But Lani is at the age when she want independency.

Lani just sits there and pouts." I see that you have mad your choice. Lets go la la". Lani hughes but complies.

After sage puts Lani to bed. Sage puts her face mask on and watches Netflix, snuggled up in her bed.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

                            The next day

Sage is currently on her lunch break. She's at Panera bread. She didn't order anything but coffee. Well because, she doesn't have the money for it.

She had her computer out, studying for the next test. Then she hears a ding from her phone.

Monae💖💕

Hey girl.
I'll be in town this Friday

                                                                      Sage

                                            Okayyyyyy. I can't
                                           wait. I haven't seen                                                  

                                       Yah crazy ass in a min

Monae💕

Ik poohhhhhhh.
You know I was
Getting my dick in🤪

As Sage was texting her best friend. She didn't realize a pair of eyes staring at her. A pair of eyes that will change her life.

                                    A/n
Alr y'all tell me what y'all think.💖 My good sis sage is working hard as she should.
Anyways see y'all next chapter
I'll try to update often