He shook his head 

“That’s not even an option; she’s mine just like you are.”

“I’m serious, she might not be yours.”

“She’s mine alright?”

“But…”

“Please Emma I don’t want to fight okay? We should be enjoying these moments not fighting over them. I want to be there for you and the baby when she’s born. I want to be involved in her ultrasounds, please Emma please just give me another chance.”

‘We can’t do this on our own. You know we need him.’

I was about to open my mouth when our new maid came in.

“Sorry Sir, but your mother in on the phone for you.”

I looked up at her and I was surprised to see she was glaring at me, so I glared at her back letting my canines show. Her eyes widened and quickly left the room leaving Xavier and I alone.

XAVIER’S POV

“Hello?”

“Where are you two? We’re starting to get worried over here.”

“Emma and I were just talking.”

“Everything okay?”

I looked over at Emma as she rubbed her belly and looked at me. I smiled with a wink making her look down and away with a pretty pink color forming around her cheeks.

“Yeah, everything is fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah just give us a couple of minutes and we’ll be right there.”

“Alright, but call me if anything happens, alright?”

“I will.”

I hung up before she went on about something else and went back to Emma.

“They’re worried.

She nodded taking a deep breath.

“I guess we should go.”

I went over to her and helped her up, taking her hand in mine. The contact of her skin with mine has always made my heart thump a little bit faster and smiled down at her giving her a gently brush of my lips against hers.

“I love you.”

I didn’t give her a chance to answer me before my wolf demanded more contact and I swooped her into my arms and kissed her a bit firmer than before, but my happiness was soon crushed by her pulling away from me.

“I’m not ready.”

My heart was crushed, but I understood so I just nodded.

“I understand and I wouldn’t expect anything less form you. Just know that I love you and I’ll wait for you for as long as you want me to.”

“That could be a very long time.”

“I don’t care. As long as you and the baby are by my side I don’t care. I lost you once, I’m not about to lose you again because without you I’m nothing.”

Her eyes met mine when I stepped closer and rubbed my nose against her with a smile. 

“I love you baby girl, I really…really…really….really love you.”

My nose must have tickled hers because she began giggling in my arms. I couldn’t resist any longer and began kissing her all over her face. She was so beautiful and being pregnant brought out the best in her and not to mention her new curves were getting fuller… mmm especially that ass of hers, so I gave it a little squeeze.