Phase 3

I heard his blood spatter to the ground as the handle of my cane connected with his jaw. Crumpling him to the floor clutching his face.

"The amount of pain you go through before giving us what we asked for, thats all on you buddy. And if you think I'm bad"

I grabbed his fractured chin and twisted his face to look at my companion.

"You don't want to see what she can do"

I heard him whimper and could feel his aura flickering and fading, I could almost sense the terror and fear. "I don't want this, truly I mean that, I'm not a fan of violence and torture. That area of expertise is filled by my friend here"

Neo ran her finger up and down the thin blade, a could hear the metal sliding against her glove. I grabbed the guy by the back of his head, tugging his hear. "So just give us access and then you can pretend this was all just a bad dream"

A few seconds of tense heavy breathing, darting his head back and forth. Before he finally slumped his head and stood up, stumbling over to his desk and unlocking a draw. He handed me something and I showed it to Neo. She nodded to confirm it was what we were looking for. "I'll wait for you outside" I whispered in her ear before stepping out the door and shutting it behind me.

He barely had time to start screaming before Neo silenced him.......

We had what we needed now. Access. This was vital to the plan we had set out, we would need a way onto the Atlas ships in order to free Roman and take the aerial advantage. Me and Neo sauntered down the bustling streets of Vale, with people swarming the town for the Vytal festival, it was like a never ending migraine.

"I hate this. I hate people in general" I chuckled "And now they're all LITERALLY making me sick"

Neo silently giggled and playfully slapped my shoulder. I felt my scroll repeatedly buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and Neo clicked the answer button for me. "Hello?"

"Would talk in person but I don't think face to face does much for you when you can't see who you're talking to" Came the snarky male voice on the other side.

"Even you were reaching for that one Merc. And trust me I'm glad I can't see your face sometimes"

My blood instantly froze when I new voice came through "I hope you don't feel the same way about me"

I stuttered out "Cinder. I- No, of course not"

"Good" she cooed on the other end.

"Is there something you needed to talk about?"

"its not you I require specifically. Its Neo"

I exchanged a look with Neo. Not knowing whether she was excited to be doing something new or disgusted at needing to assist Cinder.

"What do you want her to do?"

"As you know the Vytal tournament has come to Vale, and out team requires one more person. I need you to bring Neo to Beacon so she can join us in the arena"

"You sure its not dangerous? Beacon will be flooded with people"

"As long as you don't draw any attention I'm sure you'll blend right in. Meet us at the same place we rendezvoused before the dance" And with that she hung up.

"Rude" I scoffed before turning to Neo. "Feel like kicking ass in front of the world?" Neo shrugged nonchalantly. I smirked "Yeah don't expect me to believe for a second that you're not excited about hurting someone"

We arrived at the gates of Beacon and my initial thought was 'fuck that'. There were hundreds, maybe thousands of people and I could already feel my legs giving out beneath me as my head pounded. 

Before I keeled over Neo wrapped her arms around my torso and caught me. "Thanks" I smiled weakly. "I can't with this many people, can you do this on your own?" She nodded. "Its over by those pillars, thats where they should be waiting"

She tapped her finger on my nose as I found my feet again. Before she could skip away I called to her. "Hey. I'll be sure to come watch you later. No amount of headaches would stop me from watching you do your thing" She blew me a kiss. And even though I expected the tug on my heart, it still hit me like a delightful chest punch as she disappeared into a cloud of auras.

I smiled. "Now........Where's a trash can? I'm gonna throw up"