And so it begins

I woke to the sharp pain in my ribs and a presence standing over me. My conscious mind came to me, allowing me to fully sense the figure leaning over me and the sensation of something being pressed into my chest.

"Morning Neo" 

She returned the gesture with another small strike to my stomach before skipping away. Wonderful wake up call on my first morning back at work. I lifted myself from my makeshift bed, which was nothing more then a mattress on the floor, then started looking for my cane. But I couldn't detect the dust inside it.

"Son of a Bi-" A voice cut me off.

"Looking for something?" 

I stepped out onto the walkway and looked down at Roman. Twirling my cane in his hand. "Bout damn time you woke up"

"Sorry, some of us were out doing actual work last night" I retorted.

"Yeah, a scenic stroll, sounds like 'real work' to me" The sarcasm in his voice was obvious

"I didn't see you come home with any dust" I loved verbal sparring with Roman. Almost as much as I loved actual sparring with Neo.

"Really? Did you do that? I thought it was just Neo being useful, as per the norm. Right Neo?" She nodded happily, looking up at me with what I could only assume was a self assured, cocky smile. I felt my way along the catwalk, moving towards the metal steps and planting my hands on each railing.

"You guys are hilarious" I stomped the metal to feel out exactly where the steps ended, then proceeded to hop onto one of the railings and slide all the way down to meet my two comrades. Roman tossed me the cane and I caught it. "Wonderful, glad to have my eyes back"

"If only it was your tongue you were missing" He slowly realised his slip and turned to Neo apologetically. "Sorry Neo" She stood there arms folded disapprovingly.

"Apologies seem to be becoming some of your most common vocabulary Roman, I'm impressed" I taunted.

"Enough fancy words, time to get down to what we're good at"

"Lacking a sense of style? You excluded obviously Neo" I pointed a playful finger gun in her direction and she placed a hand on her hip, doing that happy little swaying she does sometimes. Adorable. Roman continued.

"Enough jokes. Like it or not we got the white fang lending us a hand and I intend to put em to good use. There's a lot of dust in this kingdom, which means we got a whole lot of work to do"

Roman led us to the planning section of the warehouse. Which was now occupied by the dozen or so white fang members, who were already moving the relatively small amounts of our dust into piles. Roman sighed at the amount and lit up a cigar. "A lot more work" He muttered as he took a puff.

Time skip-

Me and Neo could blend in safer on the daylit streets of Vale. Everybody and their dog knew Romans face but who would suspect a blind man and an adorable little sweetheart of being up to anything nefarious. There was a huge sound of an engine overhead. Looking up I could sense the large concentration of auras floating through the sky, heading in the direction of the Huntsman academy. I scoffed. "Beacons newest lackies, ready to be moulded into the most annoying aspect of our 'honest' lives" Neo gave me a side glance and nodded in acknowledgement. "I honestly can't believe how some tiny child got in the way of mine and Romans job last night. I could handle her no problem but she wiped the floor with four grown fighters before hand" Neo placed a hand on her mouth, mimicking surprise. I chuckled "You're right. That might say more about the standards of hired help. Can't find good grunt workers anywhere these days" We carried on strutting through the bustling streets of Vale, at one point passing the very shop where the kid had interfered.